All Things RekTek

Is this a RekTek?

I picked this up the other day because it was my size and looked great. All the retro goodness and the Syncros gear left me thinking Rocky Mountain but the braze ons weren't right. I contacted Rockimtn and he asked a friend and thought it might be a RekTek. I live in Vancouver so it could be possible. The most interesting thing I found was a Syncros decal on the frame that i had never seen before. So any help will be appreciated. Thanks Again Frank!

Re: Is this a RekTek?

kellyjk":1d99b1m2 said:
.. it might be a RekTek.

Could be. The one thing that caught my eye is the rear brake cable guide, which is a different style from my '89. You've got to remember that these bikes were not designed or made by an established bike company, but a bike shop, and the designs could, and probably did, change from batch to batch.

Chris Dekerf made a fair number of these early RekTeks when he worked at Rocky Mountain, and he would certainly be one to talk to. Is there a serial number on the bottom bracket shell?

RekTek

Yes there is a serial number F5089878 I agree that there is a randomness about RekTek but there must be an answer!

looks to be you got something special there regardless of what it is. ;)

will we be seeing a build thread dedicated to it soon? :)

RekTek

I will be posting a build thread. Though I need to know how to title it! Also the Syncros decal I think is from the forks.

you should give RekTek a try. They're back in business and (one of?) the founding member(s) help start it back up.

hi
this is an interesting one.
that decal on the seat tube does look like it
says rek tek and titanium.
was this a craigslist find?
i never saw it. :LOL:
i'll be watching for a build up too.
roy

OMG! what's going on Roy? Does that mean you'll be stepping up your game and be more vigilant? Will your net be cast wider and farther from now on? :LOL: ;)

My question is why is there a RekTek Titanium decal on the back side of the tube of the seat tube? But Columbus Nivichrome tubing decal on the lower seat tube BB junction. :?

Now the rektek headtube badge, the rektek sticker are on it, but the small one says titanium. The syncros sticker say Cro-Mo (well it's a columbus nichrome sticker and emblem with syncros branding at the top.
Could well have been put on later. What did Brodies/Kona's look like around this time ?

Which Syncros forks came first, the recessed bolt version like this or the dome cap version like I have. I cannot remember what they where made from but I'm sure it'll say somewhere.

The stem is later 1992ish

The serial number is a typical factory style number number starting with F. (Fairly? though 1995 ?

Dekerf has quite a log of his old serial numbers, worht a try.

Back