Terry Despatch c1986

Hawmaw

MacRetro Rider
I picked up this little curiosity from its original owner. It's a Georgena Terry Despatch petite womans road bike. These were made in Japan between 1986 and '89 for the American market. I don't think many made it to Europe.
This one came to Scotland from the US via Ireland with the original owner.

It has 700c rear wheel and 24" front which enables the top tube to be short.
The frame is Tange #1 and the groupset is Suntour Cyclone 7000. It has a nice fluted seatpost and Sakae GT bars with Dia Compe aero levers.

Condition is good with some rust caused by it lying outside this past winter when the owners shed blew down.

Looks like I'll be hanging onto it cause my 11 year old daughter has fallen in love with it and wants to come out on the road with me !

PICT0207.jpg

PICT0211.jpg

PICT0209.jpg

PICT0208.jpg

PICT0210.jpg

PICT0213-1.jpg

PICT0212-1.jpg

You were just ahead of me in the Gumtree queue for this! Interesting bike and hope that your daughter enjoys it. If you happen to sell it on do let me know. Not often that you see a decent road bike that would suit my very petite girlfriend!

Hi DD

Welcome to RetroBike. I'm trying to get my daughters bike handling skills and roadcraft up to scratch. First time out she came off !! Scraped elbow but no damage to the bike ...

Thanks for the welcome. Hope your daughter is okay - and that she's got straight back on!

Latest posts

Back