early 90's KHS Montana Descent

I did get mine finished :D full period XT and some other classic bits and bobs.

3280581489_2cae98fa35_b.jpg

3281371610_ae5fa3da60_b.jpg

True that your front brake housing needs to be longer than the norm to drop thru the stem, but I don't know Kaiser...that loop looks like you might be trying to catch stray critters! :p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• gator.jpg
    gator.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 3,964
Here's mine. already shown here some time ago but you know...

Attachments

• SDC10197.JPG
    SDC10197.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 4,119
jj":ynd1jdl0 said:
looks fantastic!!
I see you have front suspension...did you add that?

The Mag 20 came with the bike at the time I was like SCORE - closeout 92 model purchased in 93. Fork still works pretty well!

guys, anyone know who made the frames for khs during 90/91?

i'm asking about the period after the tange frames during the 80s and before the true temper frames..

the frames i've seen only say "crmo triple butted" on the seat tube. with no serial under the bottom bracket.. instead it is stamped on the headtube

Re: my baby

jj":urei5r8h said:
Hi all...
I new to this forum but would like to share my ol' gal with ya.
I bought it new in the early 90's and have GENTLY ridden her over the years. Today she is still my only ride and I still love it. :D

^^^ this is the one i'm talking about

slimpee's bike has a older frameset. and from what he says, is marked "infiniti-butted" per his OP. it really does suggest it is tange infinity.. but why would a manufacturer be using tange tubing and not advertise it clearly with the standard sticker on the seat tube.. and also spell "infiniti" with a "i" doesn't make sense. so maybe its not tange.

what's going on, did KHS have a mystery frame maker 90-91ish?

Latest posts

Back