Clever bikes and parts storage

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Trying to maximise space has anyone got any clever stoarge ideas for bikes and parts?

Currently I hang my bikes to to tail (1st bike by rear wheel, 2nd by front wheel, 3rd by rear wheel, etc).

Other than that I'd appreciate ideas.

Was thinking about using Terry clips for bars clipping them floor to ceiling, ladder style, on a wall.

I also hang them nose to tail - mine all live in the garage, there's enough space as they share it with two motorbikes, my wine rack, various bits and pieces, and things like food which I really wish the missus would find somewhere else for...

The ceiling is higher in the middle so I hang 4 bikes by the wheels, as you've described, but I also have hooks on lower rafters so that I can hang others by the saddles. A mate suggested putting the hooks closer together to gain more space, which I did when the collection grew larger than originally intended. It can be a pain getting them down (bars getting snagged in spokes) but then it's not as if I do that every day and it keeps them up out of the way.

Brought this http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 6031933198
For the garden workshop which I want to try to create an old world feel to.

Thinking about an over door shoe rack for saddles, not sure that'll work yet...

Tyres I want to hang against the wall and have shelves in the middle.

Wheels are always a problem.

Quill stems I need some sort of holey object to Stand them in I think.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi Tel, if your fettling skills extend to 4x2, MDF, OSB and castors you could knock up one of these to hold n+1=7.....or bigger.

Frame is roughly 4 foot by 4 foot by 7 foot long, with the castors locked and against the wall it's as rigid as a frozen stoat.

Needs a bit of space in front to wheel out over the ones underneath but a good area on the front for a bike holding clamp, wheels are hooks in the ceiling as close as possible, remove skewers and if a high ceiling an "S" hook and one under the other.

And yes, I know about the OCD.

Attachments

• tel.jpg
    tel.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 706
Wow! That is some workshop. I wouldn't have the skill to do that or the space!

Googling found me this:

rsz_pave-bike-shop-7-537x280.jpg

http://inhabitat.com/pave-gorgeous-bicy ... ke-shop-5/

Which would be rather cool :) Alas that one will probably remain in my dreams.

How about kitchen roll holder for Ahead stems...

Back