1991 Yo Eddy

Well, she was delivered by the previous owner at lunchtime today, and oh yes she's genuine...! :) So tight and composed, feels like a 6month-old bike, not 15 years! The seller is a true retro enthusiast who used to work as the Saturday boy at On Your Bike in London in the 90's, so he has boxes full of retro stuff such as Cook Bros cranks, etc - and I've been given first dibs on whatever he finds! :twisted:

Bring on the dirt!

gradeAfailure said:
Well, she was delivered by the previous owner at lunchtime today, and oh yes she's genuine...! :) So tight and composed, feels like a 6month-old bike, not 15 years! The seller is a true retro enthusiast who used to work as the Saturday boy at On Your Bike in London in the 90's, so he has boxes full of retro stuff such as Cook Bros cranks, etc - and I've been given first dibs on whatever he finds! :twisted:
quote]

check out my signature :LOL: ;)

Hahahaha I love this place.. "Go on, buy it!".. Hahaha fantastic mate..

I just hope my Bonty [when it's finished!] doesn't come up against your Yo! in the BOTM Poll! :cry: :LOL:

kingroon":229jx52l said:
I just hope my Bonty [when it's finished!] doesn't come up against your Yo! in the BOTM Poll!

Er, i think your Bonty would beat Eddy at the moment! Cheers for the compliment though mate!

Here's a couple of pics of her being pressed into service as a daily hack to work, but the fat tyres (stealing them off the gf's Privateer as buying the bike has bankrupted me!) are going on just now for a weekend of hacking out alongside our horses...

Think she'll get lots of shiny parts bought for her over the winter and get stripped down and repainted before next spring. That's the plan anyway, it probably won't happen! :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 3,106
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 3,105
Superb!

Trick brake levers & cantilevers and maybe a new wheelset and it would be awesome, kinda loving the black paint though.

Sorted my Bontrager fix with the SS one on the bay.....she'll be used as my daily commuter, finally got a bike I can put my original clear crud guard on ;)

Stu

Heheh, she's a bit of a show-off and has to get in the way every time I get the camera out!

Am thinking a respray over the winter might be in order - a modern twist on the original Aquafade, with pearlescent metallic green fading into pearlescent metallic blue...

Love the Fat's, here's a pic of my '91 Yo, guess I'll fit cantis eventually.
Got a '91 Wicked as well that I've almost finished restoring... pics in the near future. :)

Attachments

• P1010054 (Medium).JPG
    P1010054 (Medium).JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,663
  • P1010052 (Medium).JPG
    P1010052 (Medium).JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,662
Stevek,
about your '91 Yo....

23veyqx.jpg

DING DONG!! WELL HELLLOOOOO!!!

Back