1982 Novaro MTB

bykrydr65

Retro Newbie
This bike is labeled as a Navaro. Which is REI's house brand. This is the same frame as a Diamond Back Ridgerunner. I bought as a frame set and I restored it with period correct Suntour parts. I was selling this bike but priced it so it would not sale. Unless the right person came along.
Cna't post picture until I have one post so this is it. Picture to come.

5Ib5F75H93M73J73pdc886fc3cc63747f1d2d1.jpg

Nice! I have an '82 Ridge Runner with that lugged frame.

Are the bars the Diamond Back-specific diamond-shaped ones too?

I still have a way to go with collecting parts before mine can be built up like that.

The bars are nos nitto bull moose bars. They don't have the ridge runner bends in them. But hey don't have the rust around the welds, like I have seen in other bars like these, especially the Taiwanese made bull moose bars. I have some crap seat on it for the ad on craigs list but I will throw a b-17 on it. I am looking for a set of phil wood hubs that have the stainless body and alloy flange hubs(36h). I will take some better pics this weekend when I have some time. Did 30 plus hours in two days this week plus holiday on Monday. I am toast. but pics to come.

Great, looking forward to more pics.

I think I will probably have to go with something like the Nitto bars for mine, as the chances of finding the diamond ones are probably pretty close to zero.

I have a extra pair, but are they are not Nitto's but lookalikes. These are decent and could use some good chrome polish. If interested in them let me know.

I've been thinking of swapping tires to some schwab big apples. I can't ride off road anymore due to a bum shoulder, But I would like to bomb around with the bike on the street.

Latest posts

Back