HUB / FREEWHEEL ISSUE.

madbiker48

Retro Newbie
Got a nice pair of high flange hubs for my old Bob Jackson. Hubs are engraved PELISSIER and have skewers marked P1001.
The OLN of the rear is 120 / 122.
What is the likely threading [French / BS]?
What freewheel were they intended for, 5,6 or less?
Many thanks for any well informed responses.

Are the cutouts a funny angled affair or round / oval. They will be for 5 speed :)

They should have a sticker on them...does it say anything.

Nice hubs........

Shaun

Holes in the hub flanges are even and oval/round. The lable on the hubs is gold edged in black,rectangular, with pelissier in lower case and a 'bird' logo.
Any idea what the thread for the free wheel will be?

Are the captive nuts holding the skewer on all black plastic or half plastic half metal ?

Back in the day when I came across them in the 70's if the sticker had a stab at a translation into English then they were English otherwise they were French.

Maillard hubs seemed to be so close to the design of yours there was some confusion. Not to mention Normandy hubs LOL

Best bet is to get an english fixed sprocket and see if it screws on, don't use a block or freewheel as you need a tool to undo them :)

Which is what we did :D

Shaun

The skewer nuts are mainly polished metal but there is a small nylon bush fitted internally which acts to prevent the main nut simply spinning off when not locked...if that makes sense. Something like a nylock nut.

Looks like english thread for freewheel but a bit tight as cogs reach the edge of the hub so may need to have the thread chased out again.
My LBS [who never throws anything out!] found some nice cones for rear hub but had no joy with the smaller ones for the front. Any ideas of a possible source folks?
Just trying to do a full service prior to rebuilding the wheels . many thanks.

Do you have the cones out? What are the diameter, length and if you have a pic of the cone for the profile, i can have a rumage through my box of cones. I also never throw things out and have some for older front hubs.

Cones are out.
Front ones dimensions are as follows:
Dia = 15mm.
Height = 10 / 11 mm.
Can't sort how to get picture onto the post!

Back