Raleigh Special Products Full Sus Prototype

I have had two of the 853... one spray painted white( crushed by a Horse) and one red (stolen) by the Raleigh spray shop??
I still have a small yellow one somewhere.... you should try putting a more modern shock in..(I say modern, Manitou 3 way) . it sorts the pedal feedback great!!
A very smooth action, very smooth bearings .. great descender... bobbed like flip on the climbs!!! but I used to wind the damping right up to help.

I still have brochures and stuff...

;)

timax":3554ym9i said:
I have had two of the 853... one spray painted white( crushed by a Horse) and one red (stolen) by the Raleigh spray shop??
I still have a small yellow one somewhere.... you should try putting a more modern shock in..(I say modern, Manitou 3 way) . it sorts the pedal feedback great!!
A very smooth action, very smooth bearings .. great descender... bobbed like flip on the climbs!!! but I used to wind the damping right up to help.

I still have brochures and stuff...

;)

I did think about upgrading it and keeping it but need to start to build up funds as I eventually want a road bike.

The pedal bob can be a killer on the hills I have to climb, hance me getting a trek 6700 hard tail. I'm starting to think I should keep the Raleigh now and throw some money at it.....

matthew1884":2i22lbp2 said:
MADB":2i22lbp2 said:
Not mine some one who I ran into to at Hamsterly yesterday and he was kind enough to let me have a go. It was great to ride and the bike is in fantastic condition. It's now on my list of bikes I must have.

main.php

Well mine is still for sale as shown above....

Fantastic !!! Looks like original spec too ! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just thought i'd post a few pics of my brother's RSP 400.

Owned from new since 1999, all original spec including original tyres!

853 frame, Rock Shox Judy triple clamp front shock, RST 56 rear shock. All Shimano Deore LX and XT components.

My RSP 300 is still for sale here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=218031

All original and owned from new since 2000!

Attachments

• IMG_1907small.jpg
    IMG_1907small.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 1,182
  • IMG_1909small.jpg
    IMG_1909small.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 1,182
  • IMG_1911small.jpg
    IMG_1911small.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 1,182
Back