I didn't know what to say to this

Rich Aitch

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Travelling home from work today I met a lass I know with her daughter, who is about to start her second year at [a proper] University. Her mum mentioned walking along the canal and asked if I've ever cycled that way. This got us onto talking about bikes and the daughter said she kept losing hers. "I chained the last one up really carefully to a tall BOLLARD and when I came back it was gone. Someone must have managed to lift it over the top of the bollard!"
All I could say was "Oh". :shock:

Some peoples' stupidity never fails to amaze me. I once saw a saddle and seatpost chained to a railing.

The thief obviously had the ingenuity to undo the seat QR and pop the seatpost out which must have taken him all of 30 seconds.. Who'd have thought it? :roll:

I've seen a bike secured by tying it to an imovable object with an old inner tube!!!

I watched a guy recently very carefully put locks on his very expensive looking road bike. Making sure the wheels weren't able to be stolen. He then walked of having not noticed the bike wasn't actually attached to the railings in any way.

I was asked a couple days a go by a 'colleague' - 'how do you make coffee?' and followed by 'how do i know if there is water in the kettle?'.

cyfa2809":1y0moer6 said:
I was asked a couple days a go by a 'colleague' - 'how do you make coffee?' and followed by 'how do i know if there is water in the kettle?'.

:shock: :shock:

I was absolutely shocked. She must be 17/18. Call me stereotypical but she is blonde. Although i think thats more a product of the youth of today rather than anything else.
She was deadly serious though.

cyfa2809":3tmezsvj said:

Next time you are in ths staff room, and when you see Ian Jones again next, ask him to tell you the storys of when we use to send new simples out on errands, for things like " A Sky Hook", or to the Shops for "A Long Weight", the best one was a work experience lad i had, Ian and i joked and then i sent him to the Bun shop across the road, and got him to ask the hot fit girl behind the counter for a cystitis Bun.

It was so funny, thankfully, they became worldly wise quite quickly.... :LOL: :LOL:

My favorite though was getting a work experience placement to go to Palladium builders merchants (a Very long walk...lol) for a "Skirting board Ladder".

:cool:

Back