Lymes disease 90% got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not had Lyme disease but know of people who have had it.
Very unpleasant and it's life-changing effects need to be taken seriously.

Don't piss about asking questions on here, don't delay seeing a doctor and as has been said insist on a blood test.
If it is Lyme disease the sooner it is treated the better, it can become much worse than just a rash on your leg.

Sorry if I'm being all doom and gloom but it can be that bad and seriously affect your health and future well-being.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Lyme-disea ... ction.aspx

Read the comments and you will see that even among doctors there is not enough knowledge of Lyme disease. Many people experience the bad diagnosis situation, told that it can't be Lyme disease but then suffer for months with the symptoms, 2 of the people I know of were like that. Untreated it only gets worse and will severely affect you.

old_coyote_pedaller":140s60g2 said:
I've not had Lyme disease but know of people who have had it.
Very unpleasant and it's life-changing effects need to be taken seriously.

Don't piss about asking questions on here, don't delay seeing a doctor and as has been said insist on a blood test.
If it is Lyme disease the sooner it is treated the better, it can become much worse than just a rash on your leg.

Sorry if I'm being all doom and gloom but it can be that bad and seriously affect your health and future well-being.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Lyme-disea ... ction.aspx

Read the comments and you will see that even among doctors there is not enough knowledge of Lyme disease. Many people experience the bad diagnosis situation, told that it can't be Lyme disease but then suffer for months with the symptoms, 2 of the people I know of were like that. Untreated it only gets worse and will severely affect you.

+10000 get yourself to a doctor straightaway and get a blood test. We have to worry about it with the work I do and it is a pretty nasty thing to get.

going to a doc i trust tomorrow, and asking for antibiotics........blood tests can be inconclusive in the early stages so i've read...........so i'm not taking any risks, if you can get antibiotics for just feeling groggy, he should not refuse in this instance..........they only cost pence these days. Got headaches now and feel worse.

Rashes have been evolving to a more classic ring...doc say 90% got Lymes.....i got my pills........he seemed quite chuffed as they don't get many through the door !

The only place i've been in the last 5 weeks and got bit was Kingbury water park nr Tamworth..........37 years walikg in the wilds of Wales all fine ..2nd trip to a family park where kids run about all over the place (lots of swampy ground)......whamo....not going there again !

Found out it was closed 10 year ago cos of people going to hospitol with extra bad black fly bites.....

Dont know where peeps got the idea its weils disease you catch that from rats, mainly river rats. This I know I caught it when younger whilst out sailing. Ended up in hospital for 2 weeks with that. Not nice.

Dont know where peeps got the idea its weils disease you catch that from rats, mainly river rats. This I know I caught it when younger whilst out sailing. Ended up in hospital for 2 weeks with that. Not nice.

greenstiles":va6seubz said:
.2nd trip to a family park where kids run about all over the place (lots of swampy ground)......whamo....not going there again !

Found out it was closed 10 year ago cos of people going to hospitol with extra bad black fly bites.....

What do you think bit you? 'cos Lymes is only transmitted by ticks, and swampy ground isn't really tick habitat -- they're into woods and long grass and bracken and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back