Has there ever been or likely to be a retrobike show?

Robbied196":2se60lp2 said:
Or, The National Cycle Museum :)

http://www.cyclemuseum.org.uk/
Strangely, they don't open at weekends.

How about the Commercial Vehicle Museum at Leyland? They do other stuff there apart from the commercial vehicles. I once went to a bubble car rally there. Open weekends and suitably eccentric volunteer staff! Easy motorway access too.

Or there's the Transport Museum at Coventry. They have over 200 bikes already there so would be an ideal venue and very central.

Ian.

Old Ned":24i13lt8 said:
NeilM":24i13lt8 said:
I think this is a nice idea, but despite the apparent number of enthusiasts on this forum, across all retro interests, I think the actual uptake would be pretty low.

However, if it could be tagged onto another show, something like Bespoked in Bristol, or a transport museum open day / weekend, then I think there would be not only a draw for the non-retro aware, but also additional exhibits of interest for the retro crowd.

The choice of venue would be a tough one, York rail museum? The National Motorcycle Museum in Brum? Brookland? Beaulieu? Haynes museum in Yeovil? The choice is almost endless.

P.s. I like the idea of a Jo Burt / Mint Sauce exhibit.

Brooklands have a historic and classic display at their September Cycling weekend, organised by the VCC. I went last year but it wasn't that good in my opinion - but I'm probably over-influenced by our own Yorkshire Classic Show.

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.p ... -festival/

Well the wife has some work to do tomorrow so I might as well go and take a look as it's not a million miles away....

NeilM":2p5btdws said:
The choice of venue would be a tough one, York rail museum? The National Motorcycle Museum in Brum? Brookland? Beaulieu? Haynes museum in Yeovil? The choice is almost endless.

the motorbike museum in brum have several function rooms for rent, eg they have regular shows their inc a weekly computer fair. Suppose a retrobike show could be combined with a bike jumble of some description...

I'd be interested in visiting one, especially to see peoples own bikes rather than museum pieces.

Latest posts

Back