-SOLD- Klein Aeolus 51cm

Remko

Senior Retro Guru
Last spring I bought a '95 Klein Aeolus. My brother in law picked it up for me because of the long distance. Although I love the bike, with 1,88m it just doesn't fit me. Which you can see on the picture below. I've mounted a 15,5cm Controltech stem and a 100.000km long post to get it right. But it's not right enough.

So, if anyone's interested. On offer, a fast and very light Klein Aeolus in sea and sky colours. Optional: complete and original Ultegra group and original handlebars + stem. The bike is located in The Netherlands.

serial number: 51U029500

Price: 475 pound

Attachments

• Aeolus 01 retrobike.JPG
    Aeolus 01 retrobike.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 2,090
  • Aeolus 02 retrobike.JPG
    Aeolus 02 retrobike.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 2,090
'95 Klein Aeolus

Hi,
I've been admiring the Aeolus and interested in your bike if still available? I'm unfamiliar with the Klein Aeolus sizing and currently ride a Masi 57cm frame. What size is the bike and your height so as to avoid an improper fit?
You've done a nice job building this up!
Thx
K

Re: '95 Klein Aeolus

Hello Kleong,

It's a 51cm, and far too small for me. I'm 1.88m.
I think a person with a length of 1,72m would have a perfect fit.

Since I sold the wheels last week, the frameset is now sold separately.
It's in very good condition.

The pricing of the whole bike is maybe a bit too low. I'll place it on Ebay next week and see what happens. Offcourse I would be happy to take an offer.

Offcourse, the parts are also for sale.

Shipping is from The Netherlands.
Parts with a weight under 2kg can be shipped for €8,50 to most European countries.

Im rarely in the Road Section but that is gorgeous :shock:

When you say 51cm is that to the top of the seat tube?

and the measurements...

seat tube height: 48cm center to center
top tube length: 53cm center to center

The frameset is on Ebay Germany now, with a starting price of 355 pound.

That is for the frame + forks + Klein pressed-in bottom bracket + Shimano 600 threaded headset.

Latest posts

Back