Lymes disease 90% got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Came up in bumps that spread and some expanded and then got clear in the middle.....out of a lot of patches only about 3 have visible bit marks in the center...this is the worse one, i don't feel great, 1st doc just said i've been bitten by something it will go awaey, 2nd doc said it urticaria and when i mentioned could it be lymes she started going on about how you catch weils disease !!!so didn't even know what it was.......gonna go back tomorrow and try and insist as a precautioary measure to put me on Amoxylin.........looking at all the evidence any bit that turns into a rash that expands and makes you feel ill....could be lymes
c001.jpg

Looks like it could be a bite from a tick, so it could be lyme. If it's been a tick the purple rings should be expanding (if that makes sense).
Proper GP should be able to tell you whether it is or not. Best not to take chances and get on the pills. This is not something you want to mess with.

in the pic the white bit was red and only that size, so now it's kinda inside out..........the smaller circle went from red to white and the out rash spread out...........i feel ill like i've bee poisond with something, not really ill feeling but light groggy stuf.........i don't react to horse, midge,mosi,or bee/wasp............most are starting to fade after now the 3rd day, but reading up on it (not forums) but medical sites, like a lot of things there are typical and non typical symtoms......but rashes after bites is a very strong indicator.........going to see a reliable doc tomorrow and try and insist as a precautionary to put me on some, it not gonna do any harm or be skin off their nose to stick me on antibiotics is it ?

In this case i wish i was.....but i've got at least 3 visible bite marks and had numerous patches on both legs and hands........anyone one got any unused antibiotics hanging around :D looks like i'll need 500mg 3 times a day for 2/3 weeks..... ;) ...i am panicing a little though :cry:

might just be an allergic reaction, why don't you try some anti-histamine tablets or cream first and see what happens

1210tech":2ztsx6p4 said:
might just be an allergic reaction, why don't you try some anti-histamine tablets or cream first and see what happens

Possibly hit the nail on the head, dome people are more susceptible to bites than others and there are some weird and wonderful insect out there. Ticks don't just bite and bugger off, they dig right in and can stay for a good few days and they don't bite repeatedly, so chances are you would have seen the tick and had to get it out, so probably not a tick and as they are the main carriers of Lyme disease its unlikely to be that. Where we are is infested with ticks, I get about 5 or 6 in me a year and no sign of Lymes, don't be too worried about it ,its all a plot to stop people going out into the countryside and keeping them worried and in front of the telly ;) The feeling groggy thing is a natural reaction to being worried and stress, have you been scatching ? This will inflame the bites even more
Don't put too much faith in doctors most of them coumdn't find their arse with a map.......

Before you insist on any antibiotics, insist on a blood test. This will give a pretty definitive answer as to whether you've picked up Lyme's, Urticaria or Weil's.

This could of course be duff advice too as I'm not a doctor and this is a forum about old bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back