Help! Newbie needs some help with an Orange P7 *Pics Added!*

Gil_m has an idea for new foils.. He's going to try to do some for my c16r rebuild. It's going to take a month or so as he is on holiday. I will be sending him my series 7.2. Foils...plus I also have a series 8 one for him to put on file.. Before you get excited its not worth saving for a frame but good enough for Gil to take a scan and clean up.

Thanks guys, stuck a wanted ad up, and i'd definitely buy from Gil again if needs be. We'll see what crops up!

Cheers

Finally finished!!

Well here it is in all it's glory, finally finished and ready to go off-road tomorrow (now its all shiny I'm gonna shit it up!!). Decided to leave it as is and just see how it goes......

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

Frame: Orange P7 1995

Fork: Orange F7

Headset: Shimano STX
Stem: Orange SK8
Handlebar: Orange Hot Rod
Grips: Lizard Skins Charger Lock On w/. Orange end caps

Brakes: Shimano Deore LX M560 (Work great, cheers Juice!)
Brake Pads: Clarks CP522 70mm Pads
Brake Cables: Clarks Pre Lube Inners/Outers
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano Link's
Brake Levers: Shimano STX-RC STi

Shifters: Shimano STX-RC STi
Front Derailleur: Shimano STX-RC
Rear Derailleur: Shimano STX-RC
Derailleur Cables: Clarks Pre Lube Inners/Outers
Cassette: Shimano IG Casette 7 speed
Chain: Shimano IG70
Cranks: Shimano STX-RC
Crank Bolts: Original
Chainrings: Shimano STX-RC 3-Speed
Chainring bolts: Original
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN55
Pedals: Shimano Deore LX M560

Hub Skewers: Shimano
Rims: Mavic 230 TIB 26"
Hubs: Shimano STX-RC
Tyres: Schwalbe Black Jack
Tubes: Slime Lite

Saddle: Charge Spoon (White/Orange Wiggle edition)
Seatpost: USE Alien Aluminium 270mm, 26.8 diam
Seatpost Binder: Original Orange

Lizard Skins black neoprene headset cover and chainstay protector

Weight: 26.4lbs / 12kg

So new BB, second hand canti's w/. new pads, all cable inners and outers replaced, new tyres/tubes, new grips, new chain, new seatpost and new saddle everything else has been cleaned and serviced back to a decent nick.

Hope you all like it anyway, thanks for all the help because I'd have been lost at times otherwise, such a great forum here and you're all so friendly and welcoming (not always the case on t'interweb!). I shall keep coming back too, I'm officially hooked!!

Cheers ;)

P.s. Sorry about the white/orange saddle, you may think it doesn't match but I needed an orange based one and Wiggle didn't have the black/orange one in stock anymore!! I kinda like it now its on, it doesn't look too out of place to me, let the firing squad commence!! :LOL:

P.P.S. Sorry for the grainy pics, my camera doesn't do too well indoors with low light, more pics to come tomorrow hopefully.

That's really nice, well done.
Great work for a newbie ;-)
You've been good to get tips off as I go along, too, so thanks.

I'm having great difficulty getting the FD set up correctly.
It's in the correct position etc, just it won't shift to the outer ring.
I think the chainring isn't pressed onto the square taper properly, but it's at 32nM, so the correct torque (ish).

Not started on my RD yet, but the brakes are fully functioning.

I've built a Time Trial bike, a carbon road bike, an aluminium road bike and a BMX in the past 5 years, so I'm pretty well versed in this stuff!

This square taper BB and FD has totally flummoxed me, though :grr:

Looks mint good work! I wouldn't worry to much about rust if you keep on top of it it shouldn't rust, sitting in the shed over a long period of time being neglected is the result of rusting!

CHASE76":2blt8kr7 said:
Looks mint good work! I wouldn't worry to much about rust if you keep on top of it it shouldn't rust, sitting in the shed over a long period of time being neglected is the result of rusting!

Cheers dude! Yeah fingers crossed I can keep on top of any issues, should be alreet I reckon.....;-)

Finally some sunlight and a chance to take some better pics!! Here they are, looks lovely shining in the sunlight ;-)

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

P.s. Thanks to Rod-saetan for the Series 8 decal, icing on the cake this morning that was!! Cheers dude ;-)

Latest posts

Back