Has there ever been or likely to be a retrobike show?

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
Just a thought, it would be one helluva show! I can't recall anything in the past. Could it ever happen? Share some floor space with another established bike show maybe?
Mods, put me in my place if this is likely to cause you a headache!

In my alter ego I have a 400 odd BHP Methanol injected road going Subaru Impreza and the local / national groups go to many events so don't see why not ?

Shaun

There's the annual Bygone Bykes Club Classic Lightweight Show held in Yorkshire, the next will be in April in Sheffield. I always post a heads up for it. Photo shows a small section from the 2011 event.

Don't know of any others although there is generally a display at York 'Rally' (or whatever they call it now).

Attachments

• Classic Show 2011.3.A.jpg
    Classic Show 2011.3.A.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 931
It's a great idea; there are plenty of bikes on here that I would love to see in the steel. It was great being able to see Ned's Flandria inspired ride at the Sheffield show.

Old Ned":1cheayz1 said:
There's the annual Bygone Bykes Club Classic Lightweight Show held in Yorkshire, the next will be in April in Sheffield. I always post a heads up for it. Photo shows a small section from the 2011 event.

Don't know of any others although there is generally a display at York 'Rally' (or whatever they call it now).

I've seen your posts on this show and think it looks great. A bigger, central show would be spot on but I guess I'm just dreaming :LOL:

firedfromthecircus":71xmqs00 said:
We could all just come round to your garden and see your lovely Raleighs. ;)

Looks like it's just the four of us :LOL:
I'll get the beers chilling :LOL:

This will sound hugely egotistical, but I have previously thought of renting out the gallery next door to my house in order to do a show of my pace and other interesting oddities, with lots of jo burt pace art on the walls.

Sorry I hadn't realised I had strayed into roadie land, but hey, still keen.

I think this is a nice idea, but despite the apparent number of enthusiasts on this forum, across all retro interests, I think the actual uptake would be pretty low.

However, if it could be tagged onto another show, something like Bespoked in Bristol, or a transport museum open day / weekend, then I think there would be not only a draw for the non-retro aware, but also additional exhibits of interest for the retro crowd.

The choice of venue would be a tough one, York rail museum? The National Motorcycle Museum in Brum? Brookland? Beaulieu? Haynes museum in Yeovil? The choice is almost endless.

P.s. I like the idea of a Jo Burt / Mint Sauce exhibit.

NeilM":285ww0n2 said:
I think this is a nice idea, but despite the apparent number of enthusiasts on this forum, across all retro interests, I think the actual uptake would be pretty low.

However, if it could be tagged onto another show, something like Bespoked in Bristol, or a transport museum open day / weekend, then I think there would be not only a draw for the non-retro aware, but also additional exhibits of interest for the retro crowd.

The choice of venue would be a tough one, York rail museum? The National Motorcycle Museum in Brum? Brookland? Beaulieu? Haynes museum in Yeovil? The choice is almost endless.

P.s. I like the idea of a Jo Burt / Mint Sauce exhibit.

Brooklands have a historic and classic display at their September Cycling weekend, organised by the VCC. I went last year but it wasn't that good in my opinion - but I'm probably over-influenced by our own Yorkshire Classic Show.

Back