Double U Brake Saracen Trekker 1989

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah sorry to disappoint. I naively thought moving house was about getting the furniture in. It now transpires that it involves decorating and building furniture!

I have been out on it a fair bit - and not really done much with it other than take the reflectors off.

Hoping to get some time this weekend to start touching up the paint. :D

withgravymonsters.jpg

Both very nice rides :cool: , loving the green tho, as you may have guessed ....

I am jealous

RBG

Sorry for the non progress bump, but I shall be following this with interest, I've just been reading your E stay thread too. In a few weeks I'll post up my bare bones project, Starting off with a sad scratched old frame theres a few bits to my double U no so with post a thread up,,, soon.

Any news on this?

Great, the more the merrier.

I am in the process of clearing my spares etc to give me time to do stuff on this.

As yet, no real progress. The "problem" is that it rides well already so needs little help really.

I just need to sort out some rusty bolts, touch up the rust spots on the frame (superficial) and then it will look 100%.

Will try and do something on it this weekend :oops:

Very good :cool:

Don't worry about hitting the rust spots with a brillo pad or the like 'cos the paint's tough as hell and will polish up no worries. My Tufftrax came up really well.

Does everyone with canti brakes have to twist their front reflector attachment to avoid it fouling the brake cable?

My Hardtrax was like that when I got it, and I've had to do it again with the new one I bought to try and avoid the problem haha.

Yeah I know! House move hindered progress, it will be done!

I'm looking for a match on the green, need to clear the few rust spots first and touch up the paint, then I will strip the parts and make it nice and new(ish) again.

Back