South Downs Way

We'll that's that fucked :roll:

Smoked my front brake doing a long steep downhill, followed by a chinese ti quick release failing on me. Managed to ride about ten perilous miles to a trail station and am now going home.

Just heard the train has been canceled :LOL:

gavinda":13mzixsl said:
We'll that's that **** :roll:

Smoked my front brake doing a long steep downhill, followed by a chinese ti quick release failing on me. Managed to ride about ten perilous miles to a trail station and am now going home.

Just heard the train has been canceled :LOL:

Where are you? Do you need a skewer or are you also suffering in pain?

Cheers very much dude :cool:. I've just jumped on the train at amberly with a mate who had to leave us today anyway. Yeah, the skewer is fucked. I've also burnt the disc and has smoke pouring out of the caliper. Fortunately my avid v on the rear kepte 'safe' for another 10 miles, but fOr me the journey is over.

Oh well, always next year.

gavinda":14qdlkna said:
Cheers very much dude :cool:. I've just jumped on the train at amberly with a mate who had to leave us today anyway. Yeah, the skewer is ****. I've also burnt the disc and has smoke pouring out of the caliper. Fortunately my avid v on the rear kepte 'safe' for another 10 miles, but fOr me the journey is over.

Oh well, always next year.

I hope you drowned your sorrows a little at the pub at Amberley.

Best luck with the next attempt - its a good thing to do. :)

Yeah I'm home now. Pretty straightforward getting home, one change only but it was at clapham junction. It took three trains before there was space for us.

We had a pint at the George and Dragon and lunch at the bridge inn. A pleasant end to the journey.

Thanks again for your kind offer of help, shows the good side of this forum.

I'll post some pictures up tomorrow

That's really kind of you, but I'm tied up
For the next fw weeks, plus I'll need the bike fixed before then. Both bikes are off the road for now and I've just tried explaining the need for another one to the wife, n+1 and all that, not impressed :LOL:

Happy trails happy birthday and moist cake to you :cool:

oh yeah, bonus prize for anyone riding between the top of old winchester hill
and the bar at whitewool lake is a nice little topeak mini tool. brand new in sleeve. probably on the really bounce track through the cow field. fucked if i was walking up that and looking for it :LOL:

Back