ALL GONE: Campagnolo Clips, hubs. Gipiemme crankset.

Just visited this post again to look at the chainset and noticed the saddle....I raced the suede version of the Selle Italia in the 70's, suede was very fashionable at the time but played havoc with the Lutz shorts and the chamois cream :)

Just to clarify, has it been leant against anything like a brick wall and torn the edges....looks good to me :)

If not then I'll have it to match my SR Laprade seat post :)

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I can't really say what it has been lean to as I'm not the original owner. It came with a bike that I bought and I never used it my self.

I would say it is in very good condition. I gave it another inspection after reading your post. As it shows on the pictures the only faults seem to be three little white dots (paint?) above the "ITALIA criterium" logo on the saddle's left side. On the right side there's a little cut on the leather to the left side of the logo and a small hole on the edge.

Cheers.

Here's somo photos to clarify the previous post.

Non drive side with the three white dots. I'll try to clean them and will let you know.
DSCN0509_.jpg

Drive side with the cut and small puncture.
DSCN0507__.jpg

If you PM me your paypal address I'll have it :)

What I wanted to double check was the sides of the saddle....god knows why but some people throw their bikes against a wall and the sides of the saddle look like Indiana Jones going underneath the car in "raiders of the lost ark"

Cheers

Shaun

Back