NWA ride: Goyt Valley & Buxton ~ 02/09/12 - AFTERMATH p2

rufusw":13l52i89 said:
If I'm not there by 10:15 don't hang around for me.

Don't worry there's always "someone" late, hows the mullet growing? :LOL:

Not that I generally pay much attention to such things, but the weather forecast for tomorrow has improved considerably since the last time I checked.

I won't be able to make this, up until tonight I was hoping I could. Have a good ride :D

Great ride today. More to follow from the others I'm sure.

Five of us took in some great scenery and some lovely little trails which just a couple of punctures and one mech into the spokes near the end.

Nice to see everyone riding proper old bikes too. MrLee was on his 1985 Dawes Cougar, cornholio's RC200 rode his 1999 Pace RC200 complete with it's tiny disc rotors, rufusw brought along a lovely 1994 Bontrager and elPedro666 rode his very colourful Mardi Gras Mongoose.
I rode my 1992 Saracen Traverse to and from the ride start point and clocked up 44 miles in total for the day with a little help from some flapjacks and a Bike Food energy gel.

Looking forward seeing some of the photos.

Right - now fortified with roast pork dinner I feel good. Great ride today; many ups but good downs as well. Excellent banter and nice bikes.

Thanks to everyone for the help when my mech decided to dump itself into my rear wheel. It got me home but I'm not sure it has a future. One RD-M952 confined to history. Hopefully the hanger's in better nick.

Anyway, here's our "brave" crew filling up with a bit more fuel during a pub stop in Buxton....

5DB096C2-4D1A-4C65-A5DA-9DE8900CD67C-7131-00000EB481E5D209.jpg

I really enjoyed yesterdays ride, a classic route discovering the goyt valley and buxton, the pub was a great backup plan because I got to try the full english breakfast burger, the stuff of champions, cheers for the route Paul and hats off for riding there and back, only managed a few pics,

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

see you all on the 15th. :D

great ride chaps!!!

How mrlee didn't barf after that burger I'l never know!!!

See you all soon

Back