Apologies for blaspheming, but Halfords

Friend of mine has a Boardman, not an MTB, but a hybrid type thing. I was really impressed with the finish of the frame, the "smooth welding" looks really nice, other aluminium frames look quite "agricultural" in comparison.

...correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the cycle to work scheme had links with local bike shops too...(I know mine does). Try going to the cycle to work website and it should show you the affiliated shops near you. As far as I was aware it not just Halfords....if so this then opens up a world of "better" brands, although Boardman are good value but they seem to get mixed reviews.

Hope this helps

Wook

Hi,
My gf got a bike on cycle to work through Halfords. She was VERY sniffy 'till she heard she could get a Dolan (most of the UK track bikes seem to be Dolan) or a whole range of other interesting bikes.
We went to see Terry himself and got loads of advice and got fitted there too :cool: . Carbon frame and forks, full Ultegra and Mavic Aksium wheels.
She gave the spec sheet to Halfords and told them not to touch it before she picked it up.
That was 4 years ago.

Back