Stinky Pinkie

B77

Senior Retro Guru
Been after a Stinky for ages, got hold of a very abused Stinky Six but uneconomical to refurbish, then this turned up in the local paper. I thought that my Gemini was good on hard descents but this thing is unreal. Doesn't climb that badly either.

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

Looks good, stinkys are good bikes! They do seem to brake jack a lot though. A mate of mine had a stab and I'm sure the DOPE arm just made the brake jack worse! :LOL:

poweredbypies":29uvyxuo said:
Is it all good under the inner tube protector?

Yeah it's pristine underneath, it was me that put the tube on. The rides round here are stony as hell.
I've heard of brake jack but probably wouldn't know it if it bit me on the bum. What is it exactly then ?

I didn't really know until recently, it's when you grab the brakes and the the suspension locks up, it's pretty noticeable when you're riding down steep stuff and having to brake a lot. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it teaches you to not brake until you really have to! My 223 does it a lot! Yours might not be too bad if the DOPE arm works properly. Have a sit on the bike without the brakes on and bounce the suspension, and then pull both brakes and do it and you'll see what I mean.

Looks like a sweet bike anyway :) I know a few people with stinkies and can't fault them, especially for the price.

Looks good - I loved my old stinky (2001 model). Despite only having five inches of travel it took some hammer and it took a lot to feel out of its depth.

I never noticed the brake jack thing, but them I'm really bad at noticing a lot of stuff like that and pedal kick back on single pivot bikes.

Mindmap3":2xrukjne said:
Looks good - I loved my old stinky (2001 model). Despite only having five inches of travel it took some hammer and it took a lot to feel out of its depth.

I never noticed the brake jack thing, but them I'm really bad at noticing a lot of stuff like that and pedal kick back on single pivot bikes.
I didn't used to, started noticing it on my 223 though, probably because it did it worse than any bike I'd owned previously haha, the pedal kickback is an interesting feeling on that thing...

Latest posts

Back