BOTM Aug2012- British Special- Vote now.

Who has the best of British?

• videojetman- Dynatech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nevadasmith- Bigfoot Smokestone

• makster-1990 Overbury's Pioneer

• biglev-Roberts Peugeot

• dendy-Saracen Kili Comp 96

• Rob Aitken- Dave Lloyd

• legrandefromage-Harry Quinn

• firedfromthecircus-Cleland Aventura number 5

• mrlee-1985 Dawes cougar

• Giom6-Zinn Z-classic

• Easy_Rider-'94 Dawes Special Edition

• Dawes-Man-Dawes "The Edge eXTRa"

• H-Fuquay

• danson67-1985 Highpath

• reanimation-'94 Prestige

• NeilM-1990 Roberts White Spider

• Paul Eggleton-Pace

• ShiftySteve-91 Aluminium O

• JeRky-Chas Roberts D.O.G.S.B.O.L.X

• Mr Panda-1995 Orange P7

• mikee-Pace

• sinnerman-Hardisty/Nike

• terryhfs-m-trax

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well done everybody!:cool:

With the addition of a few notable British brands like Muddy Fox, Ridgeback, F.W Evans and English Cycles, this months entries could easily form the basis of a museum of British mountain biking.

Carl, Rob and Mark,

well done fellas. a Great result for the toughest one i have been in. Quite happy with 4th I though I would not get a vote judging form the competition.

Happy trails and look after those great bikes.

Pete

Thanks for the votes guys, I wasn't expecting that much love for my bike. It has been an interesting BOTM with some fantastic entries and interesting discussions. Despite voting for LGF's Quin, after following the thread I really want to have a go on a Clelland type.

Still at the end of the the overall winner was well deserved and marked another great build from Carl, even if it did get a bit X factor sob story in the middle of this thread. (sorry, my girlfriends words but I have to admit I chuckled :))

JeRkY":3f697lp0 said:
Thanks for the votes guys, I wasn't expecting that much love for my bike. It has been an interesting BOTM with some fantastic entries and interesting discussions. Despite voting for LGF's Quin, after following the thread I really want to have a go on a Clelland type.

Still at the end of the the overall winner was well deserved and marked another great build from Carl, even if it did get a bit X factor sob story in the middle of this thread. (sorry, my girlfriends words but I have to admit I chuckled :))

To be fair Rob, i genuinely expected the Dogs Bollox, to take it. A classic Bike, that i personally feel " IS " the BOLOX.

Sadly i cant Bring my self to watch X-Factor (for obvious reasons), and i wouldnt expect every one to get it either..! (Sadly.)

Tazio":1ga89h20 said:
Some serious canvassing going on this month on the vote thread.

I never intended my comments to be a vote raising exercise, just the telling of the tale of how I came to choose Clelands over mainstream mountain bikes.

It is however fairly commonplace for people who have never even seen a Cleland to comment on how bad they must be. And how they would only be suitable light off road duties like towpath riding etc. Long experience has taught me that it is impossible to change such opinions through the use of words alone. But here, instead of resigning myself to the futility of the exercise, I decided to give the arguments an airing. Thanks for the support :eek: . I hope that nobody minded too much.

With the commitment and highly impressive workmanship and attention to detail of the top entries I never expected the Clelands to be "in the medals" especially with their vote split two ways. 8% of the vote for Clelands is not bad if you consider that if the Cleland had achieved 8% of UK mountain bike sales in the 1980's it would have changed mountain bike history. The UK may have developed a sizable mountain bike touring fraternity, and cycling in wet conditions would not require that the rider gets soaked or mud splattered.

GrahamJohnWallace":2553dqpi said:
Tazio":2553dqpi said:

I never intended my comments to be a vote raising exercise, just the telling of the tale of how I came to choose Clelands over mainstream mountain bikes.

I wasn't referring to your posts.

Tazio":317a7pc1 said:
GrahamJohnWallace":317a7pc1 said:
Tazio":317a7pc1 said:

I wasn't referring to your posts.

You dont say... :roll:

I've gave my vote to another bike than winner but must admit photos don't do justice to your bike Sinnerman. What's happened to beautifull Zinn's quality shots? This ones seems to say "I'm not gonna win anyway, l'll make some blurry, badly lighted photos. Still studio shot but what a difference. But hey, it's bike contest not photography forum on the end of a day.

Back