Ferkin stupid disrespectful little ****s

ChrisR

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Having a grey weekend until I go to go out this morning realising my cars nearside wing mirror has been ripped off of the metal spindle :evil: they'd also been along the road and ripped number plates off keyed another car!

Why is it there seems to be so many disprespectful teenage scumbags around now? When I was that age I wouldn't dream of doing that to anyones vehicle or any possession!

Been to speak to the person who's house said teenager (well I assume teenagers) were visiting/destroying etc. the parents have hit the roof and are finding out names etc of everyone who was at their house to try and help. Absolutely fuming... Only advertised the car for sale on Friday!

The little scroats round our way decided to kick all the green waste wheelie bins over (grass cuttings/hedges/garden rubbish) one evening because the bins had been put out ready for collection the next morning, what they didn't count on was me chasing them down the road, managing to grab two of them by the scruff of the neck and then marching them back up the road picking up all the bins and clearing up everything that had spilt out of them, they haven't tried it again! ;)

I am probably guilty of doing silly little stunts like kicking bins over in my youth but they messed with the wrong bloke that day :LOL:

Not as bad as physically damaging property though!

My daughter recently parked her car outside our local garage overnight, as it was due an MOT the next morning. First thing we got a phone call, saying both the wing mirrors were broken.

Apparently, on their way home from the pub, some 'lads' had decided to break all the wing mirrors on all the cars they passed by pushing them down (towards the road) until they snapped off.

It cost my daughter (a student teacher) about £80 for the repair, and that was using a friend in the trade to get the housings required.

I must be getting old, as I simply don't understand what pleasure people get from causing this kind of damage.

NeilM":3sn6dvgx said:
Apparently, on their way home from the pub, some 'lads' had decided to break all the wing mirrors on all the cars they passed by pushing them down (towards the road) until they snapped off.
Kicking them off kung-fu style is more fun though.

So I've heard.

Thats because before this over protective nazi moralist "police", since you were born you had a whole bunch of people always making sure you were doing the right things and if you didn't cooperate, punishment would have all sorts of consequences, in between being grounded, slapped and prohibited of even watching tv, you would learn the basics of respect and hierarchy, and from what I've recalled, it had no boundaries, as long as you were an "adult" you had the authority to get yourself respected.
Do you see that today? I don't think so.
Theres you answer.

Well I'm now faced with paying out around £200 for a replacement mirror. Not best pleased if you hadn't guessed.

Fail to see why anyone would think its fun or 'a laugh' to damage someone else's property!

ChrisR":3qemq411 said:
Well I'm now faced with paying out around £200 for a replacement mirror. Not best pleased if you hadn't guessed.

Fail to see why anyone would think its fun or 'a laugh' to damage someone else's property!

ebay or from a scrapyard ? I got mines for one third of the price..
well but it depends on the brand.. :/

And the fact that the car is insured is completely irrelevant. The mirror cost is roughly the same as my excess so no point claiming to then damage my premiums for the next few years!

t-stoff":lopse4u5 said:
ChrisR":lopse4u5 said:

ebay or from a scrapyard ? I got mines for one third of the price..
well but it depends on the brand.. :/

Had a scan through eBay and none for the correct side. Will try a local land rover breakers in the morning.

It's for a land rover discovery 3. A third party company one is what I've quoted the price from... It's a heated, electric folding one.

Back