Illegal off-roaders/motor-cross bikers !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
electronicaeric":314x02n4 said:
.We suffer with 4x4's round these parts,who have now taken to adventuring on private land

Same thing around here. Lots and lots of new barbed wire fences due to the 4x4's and quads.

The Parish Council had some big rocks put in the middle of a couple of bad paths, but the 4x4 guys just moved them!

There were a couple of very challenging green lanes round here that were well used by offroaders, 2 and 4 wheel. The Nimbys decided they wanted to mow the lawn or blow their leaves around in peace, so the council acted. They smoothed the sandstone steps right out and filled the mud wallows with the scrapings. Now even "legal" offroaders have to find their jollies elsewhere, so it's made the problem worse...

electronicaeric":1nhv5fk7 said:
We suffer with 4x4's round these parts,who have now taken to adventuring on private land,so we have farmers with guns patrolling the perimeters as we whizz past on legit pathways.Its very scary,the wrong type of buzz :shock:

Very effective though, and I agree with the farmers. If there were 4x4s on my land, I'd use them as target practice too.

1210tech":1wohf9o1 said:
Take a long wooden bat/metal bar with you from now on and if it happens again either clothes line him with it or try to shove it through the front wheel, that'll teach him!
My sentiments exactly. A metal 4-foot long "walking stick" applied to the spokes at just the right time would hopefully cause enough damage to render the cycle inoperable. Once that happens, you're on even ground with the coward. He won't be so brave once you take away his ability to intimidate you with a deadly weapon, neither will he be able to simply motor away like the coward that he is.......and no doubt he'd begin to walk funny after you shove that 500 cc motorcycle up his @ss.

If you manage to chase him away on foot and he leaves his cycle behind, then you could trace the bike (stolen or not) to the owner. In addition, you could video him with a smartphone and show the video to the authorities. Better yet, post the video on YouTube so the world will know who this coward is; it may well shame him into being more considerate. He's obviously getting a power-trip out of intimidating people when he's mobile and cloaked in anonymity, but when his wheels are hobbled and he becomes a pedestrian like the rest of us AND he knows he's being video'd, then I doubt he would try to mess with anyone like that.

To me, his actions appear to be that of a rebellious teenager (or a very immature loser) who needs to be set straight before he hurts someone.

My understanding..... and I will be corrected if I am wrong

If you take something reasonable to posses say a walking stick, a cane..a piece of wood etc then you can claim it is used mostly to protect your dog from other dogs should one attack you

If however you go with a baseball bat, lump of metal etc then you could be accused of abh if used as you would have been seen to plan to attack someone even in self defense..pre-emptive if you will

Also these people are rarely motorcyclists. They tend to be teens or immature adults who either have a stolen bike or bought a bike knowing they have no land of their own to ride on but don't care if they ride on others property or public places with risk to others.

I also agree once dethroned the bravado seems to go quicker than their bike

sylus":3qhg2wqo said:
If however you go with a baseball bat, lump of metal etc then you could be accused of abh if used as you would have been seen to plan to attack someone even in self defense..pre-emptive if you will

Ah yes, but if you say you were using the bat to hit a ball for the dog to fetch how can they prove otherwise, and I'm sure you can buy alloy baseball bats ;)

sylus":2n6rga12 said:
My understanding..... and I will be corrected if I am wrong
If you take something reasonable to posses say a walking stick, a cane..a piece of wood etc then you can claim it is used mostly to protect your dog from other dogs should one attack you
If however you go with a base ball bat lump of metal etc then you could be accused of abh if used as you would have been seen to plan to attack someone even in self defense..pre-emptive if you will

After this incident I've now purchased myself a really good walking stick to use as defence against anything be it a dog or dangerous rider.
I wouldn't use a steel bar as it would be too heavy to carry around and after a bit I'd drop it, but did think about it.
The same rider on the motor-cross bike has been spotted today giving it the full beans on the kerb of a local main road.

Whilst out on my local clubrun I chatted to my mates about idiots on motor-cross bikers and
one chap recalled whilst out on his MTB seeing a biker hitting a hiker directly in the back of his legs
in which the hiker was badly winded, the police where called and because the hiker didn't have any serious
injuries the police let the biker off with just a warning and told him to ride slowly.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I feel there must be a market for swordsticks, a rapier concealed within a silver capped bamboo cane. Gibbleking could design the secret locking mechanism. :!: One could skewer them matador stylee. :twisted:
Either that, or stop them for a chat and chuck their keys in the bracken! :evil:

suburbanreuben":31u85pia said:
Either that, or stop them for a chat and chuck their keys in the bracken! :evil:
:LOL: Now that brings memories back! Be about 1985ish and this car driver passes by us on the clubrun and as the driver does so
he blurts his horn and swerves at us all, off course this makes several riders angry so mr vauxhall driver decides to be brave and
confronts us all and at that moment my pal reaches into his car, grabs his car keys and throws them into a corn field and then tells
the driver to 'try and drive now' We all rode off leaving this big head youth standing outside his car bewildered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back