Idiocracy.

zigzag":sge069tf said:
Office Space is great, I think it works OK as a standalone comedy, but you might get more out of it if... You've ever worked in a modern office. In a cubicle. In IT. For a soulless multinational corporation.
I had never worked in a cubicle environment before the first time I saw Office Space, so it was lost on me. It was a few years later that I was able to appreciate it, while ekeing out my life trapped and languishing in a cubicle, numbed by the constant radiation of cathode rays from a computer monitor in order to make a better life for myself. It was only then that I found that movie funny, but also a wakeup call; that I'd better try to get something else going for me, lest I become a lemming totally dependent on my job.

Idiocracy is definitely a sad commentary on where the human race may be headed (I'm sorry to say that I think Devo was right; the human race is regressing). The most popular TV show in Idiocracy, "Ow! My Balls!", seems to be the inevitable direction that television has taken lately, which is why I stopped watching it 10 years ago. There's so much more to life than mindlessly sitting in front of the boob-tube shoveling junk food into your pie-hole after already having spent 8 hours sitting in a cubicle and staring at a computer screen and growing more sedentary and more obese and stupider by the minute, yet a large portion of civilized society does exactly that. I'll admit I do spend time on the internet, but at least the internet is interactive.

OK, that's enough internet for today. :oops: I'm going outside. :LOL:

We are responsible for small dogs devolving too. That's why they yap and strain at the leash when other people walk past. 1000 years ago they would have run away from a much larger carnivorous mammal. If society breaks down and we have to go hunt for our food it will be easy, just walk down a foot path and the food will come to you :LOL:

Swingline646a.jpg

Back