My WeightWeenie - NOW WITH GEARS 05/10/12

I'd bought those if i know. £35 is excellent. Can't go wrong. A winner and a 'best buy'

Yep I couldn't quite believe the price too, and I guess a bit further down the line I can tune the brake pads for a few less grams.

Steve, you are a genius. I hadn't thought of running the DCD with the chain under it.

brilliant.

BobCatMax":jaen2faz said:
Steve, you are a genius. I hadn't thought of running the DCD with the chain under it.

brilliant.

I thought I might get slated for doing it.... :oops: But running it in the conventional way wouldn't work with the slack chain. Keeping a good chain line with it is difficult so I might put a jockey wheel in, sometime in the future....

GT-Steve":w2sewpuy said:
BobCatMax":w2sewpuy said:

brilliant.

I thought I might get slated for doing it.... :oops: But running it in the conventional way wouldn't work with the slack chain. Keeping a good chain line with it is difficult so I might put a jockey wheel in, sometime in the future....

not from me you won't chap. My Kona is a right pain to run SS as there's no magic gear until you've stretched the chain a bit (mangled mech hanger) Loving the jockey idea too :hero:

Nice choice on the brakes :cool: They look like a great compromise between weight and build. Some of the CNC one scare the bejeezus out of me.

They're CNC'd but no way near as heavily as the others....

They come supplied with Koolstops too, and a quick 'up the road' has displayed some very strong braking force, and that's just the rear... :cool:

you've really got me thinking about this DCD tensioner thing.

Mate of mine (posts on here and bat40a6, i think) is a bit handy with a lathe and milling machine.

We've been talking about this since i mangled the mech hanger earlier in the spring.

so far on the list is to turn a better roller out, with room for bearings, and to cut into the middle to allow the chain to sit better on it, or now as you've illustrated, under it..

I know it's a bit of a hack for you, but it keeps my steed running when otherwise it would be scrap.

i'll let you know how we get on with it, if you're interested...

Back