Advice on wheel size

Im sure I measured it correctly,Ive just checked again from the centre and rearmost part of the dropouts to the bottom of the brake bridge/bottom of fork.If I put some decent pics of the frame on tomorrow would you chaps be kind enough to have a good look,if so would you need pics of any part in particular,thanks

Try the front wheel in it, the rear wheel will require a 10mm extra spread (probably 135mm) so would be a bugger to fit....

Slot the front in and it'll give you a good idea of what size wheel you'll be needing.

Found this SUN catalogue on here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153263 which shows that the smaller bikes (aimed at junior riders did indeed come with 24" or 26" wheels.

Goldie":2wsy6i4s said:
You might have found you way to Spokesmann's excellent scans of Raleigh group catalogues fom the 70's but if not, here's your bike in all its technicolour glory:

sun2.jpg

Right then,sorry to be a pain but Ive tried a 26 wheel in front and back and the results are
front leaves 85mm from centre of brake bridge to rim
rear leaves 90mm
Ive had a measure of the frame and it is a 20 1/2 inch frame which weighs 3.5kg with forks and judging by the description in that catalogue scan I must assume from the colour that its a Strada.Cant find a frame number anywhere though and the seat tube decals are dead but can make out the Truwel decal and something about world team pursuit championship lol.
S bearing in mind the distances from brake bolt hole to rim on the 26" wheel can it take 27" wheels?Im itching to get started after removing a knackered cottered crank and stuck bottom bracket cup yeaterday,cheers
001-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Tel":2g2vu38q said:
Found this SUN catalogue on here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153263 which shows that the smaller bikes (aimed at junior riders did indeed come with 24" or 26" wheels.

Goldie":2g2vu38q said:
You might have found you way to Spokesmann's excellent scans of Raleigh group catalogues fom the 70's but if not, here's your bike in all its technicolour glory:

sun2.jpg

FWIW the Sun Squadra of this period used 26" wheels...

Back