New Orange goodies at Eurobike.

I don't like the Clockwork either but I suppose they have to move with the times. Compare an old Stumpjumper with the modern full suss ones. Totally different beast but the name is more to do with their place in the hierarchy of models than their heritage.

Tazio":167g81nw said:
I don't like the Clockwork either but I suppose they have to move with the times. Compare an old Stumpjumper with the modern full suss ones. Totally different beast but the name is more to do with their place in the hierarchy of models than their heritage.

Would agree in most cases but Orange dropped the name clockwork when everything was turning aluminium. It only resurfaced for the 2007 reissue that was made to look like the old ones and was still steel. It's not just a badge they stick on a different bike every year. :cry:

I absolutely love orange bikes but Mr Bonney, the purple one looks like a Dutch shopper and the 29er clockwork is a turd.

Wrong wrong wrong! Cannot understand why they dont make a steel 29er and call it clockwork- its an obvious move and surely a big seller.

They are all a lot nicer in real life.

Just got back from my extended Eurobike trip which was awesome.

The new Hope stuff (road/CX wheels and new machining on disc brakes etc) is seriously nice too.

Back