Gavr's Oops! What was I thinking? Thread. Finished...

gavr":3f2bak7h said:
Forks- apparently these from an Easy Racers recumbent will fit

http://yhst-47247727169818.stores.yahoo.net/stthfo.html

then I can have V brake on the front and either size of 20 inch wheel...

On the rear I fancy a 2 speed sram automatix with coaster break

http://www.sram.com/sram/urban/family/automatix

I can get a local shop to face and retap the BB shell if I can cut it to near 68mm. Careful hacksaw and file - what do you think?

I would say carefully cut and file, and if you wanted a trip up to North Yorks I could face and tap the BB for you, gratis. I bought a tapping kit and it has more than paid for itself already (I had a habit of wrecking BBs on installation prior to getting it)

Wow! A no expense spared project indeed! Can't wait to see this start to take shape.

I'd be tempted to take the frame to a machine shop and ask them to mill the bb shell to 68mm. That won't interfere with the stays will it?

Geared Coaster brake with that front fork with a nice V brake would be awesome! :D

Thinking about it the modern UT type chainsets use one length of 'axle' and spacers on 68mm shells to take up the extra required than if it was using an Italian 70mm. With that in mind you could take it down to 70mm instead of 68mm. Just a thought

Yes this is going to be a pimped ride. No fun in buying a kid's bike but BB shell is exactly where I don't want this to go sour. I thought 68 mm then Shimano Cartridge would give me a lot of options as I have no idea what chain line I'm going to need...

Sugino chainset - RD2? Messenger?

Easy fork ordered today. Very helpful guys over there.

Hmm...it's almost like you're throwing down the gauntlet to build the best Twenty out there, this is gonna make mine look like the modernised gas pipe special that it is....

Sugino RD2 imo, or perhaps an FSA Gimondi

I should say Tel - I appreciate your engagement with the thread. The guantlet - kids can always go hungry ;)

Im currently and have been for the last year or so. Building a r20 with a few mods thrown in....

Its taken a couple of other bikes to get to the stage its at now too..

Lots of mods to get things to fit too...

Looking forward to see how this progresses

retrowagen1234":rq6zgfkq said:
Im currently and have been for the last year or so. Building a r20 with a few mods thrown in....

I think that bike requires it's own thread!

Any other R20's in the closets?

Tel":jy8ytri8 said:
retrowagen1234":jy8ytri8 said:

I think that bike requires it's own thread!

Any other R20's in the closets?

Ill get some pics going soon ;)

Sheldon brown was a pretty open TWENTY lover. Has quite a few good hints and tips on his site. :D

He said that with a few mods they can be on a par and considerably cheaper than a bikefriday... :)

Latest posts

Back