Schwinn 4 Banger

The XL is quite a recent thing, last 3-4 years maybe?

One thing you could consider, it's drastic but I have done it, is to use a 140mm travel aluminium lefty max, and then use a 20 or 40mm travel bumper inside to limit the stroke to 120 or 120mm, then remove **half** the key-spike in the lower crown, this allows you to drop the lower crown by about another 20mm, thereby extending the available space between crowns by 20mm.

I used the above method to fit a slightly long headtubed intense frame. It still wouldn't allow you to fit a normal lefty to you banger but if you can adap the same method to an XL it might help.

What I'm not sure of is if the XL is available on forks with removable crowns as a lot of the more recent leftys have the crowns bonded to the leg.

Have you looked at project 321 converters? they may do a top drown with extra drop to allow fitting to longer headtubes...

Fork fitted.
Bike ridden.
Bike filthy.
Barneyballbags grinning from ear to ear :D

WHAT A HOOT!!

4 Bangers don't half look good dirty ;)

A3B9412B-D470-4432-BEA9-F375237A4755-1786-0000013150CA7A0E.jpg

4447E77C-E10E-4DDF-8760-CBE56AC08F23-1786-0000013159FB453C.jpg

delihustler":1s3uzlp0 said:
You going to do the DH at FoD? Gee's doing it on the ASR5!!!

You'll have to let me know where I need to go to get there after my car park balls-up at Brechfa!

Sunday right?

Looking good buddy - bet you're well chuffed that you have kept it.

Nice to see it getting some use too.

Any more changes planned?

Mindmap3":2ei0nox6 said:
Looking good buddy - bet you're well chuffed that you have kept it.

Nice to see it getting some use too.

Any more changes planned?

Yes, a few changes planned, but all VERY dependant on my money situation!

I'm not a huge fan of the black stem and seatpost, so I'll be swapping them for Thomson bits in silver. The bars will eventually be changed for some carbon ones and I really want to change the brakes.

Luckily, the rear Hayes is quite rare, as it is the 22mm direct mount one, so the brake set should be easy enough to sell. I've got a set of Formula K18 OROs coming today on another bike which I've bought to split, so perhaps I'll see how they look on it before deciding what to do.

Anyone want some Hayes Mags..? ;)

Back