MacRetro Trading Post

Remind me about it in the middle of September when I get back from my hols Mikee and I'll dig it out ;)

Also TK would a 70's looking shiney Suntour Cyclone GT rear mech be more your cup of tea with a suntour spirit front mech ?
Think they came off a touring bike :cool:

Nah, what he needs is the mad SA 5 speed with 2 cable gear selector. Over complicated British madness but with a broader gear range than the 3 speed.
You can use 2 x 3 speed shifters to operate it though I'm not sure how :?

It will initially be a 3 speed but it's not SA so I'm not sure the lever will work - I'm looking for a screw on freewheel type drumbrake - If I keep the 3 speed I do get a lovely coaster brake.

Got pics of those mechs Velo? need thumbies too but I can't get to glasgow this weekend to buy those ones at the auction. Touring mechs are what I was aiming for. - got a 2 speed front chainrings coming to go on the ashtabula cranks.... but that does mean I'll either need to make the rest of the chrome shiny or bash these up a bit.

$(KGrHqQOKjIE3vIwCOPhBO!GuS0sNQ~~_12.JPG

Biggest issue I have is forks - I can't find any similar to what was used online - other than a set of chrome cruiser forks in the USA, and they will cost more than I have paid so far to bring over.

I'm using Alan Bond's site for references - picking and choosing stuff similar to what was used, budget is under £100 in parts - currently really liking the beat up patina look too.

I can make this without much work....
patina_01_tn.jpg

white paint work from this...
joeb_41dx01m.jpg

I love the overall look of this....
robs_01_tn.jpg

Gearing from this perhaps...
alanbike02_ck.jpg

Sorry no pics TK but as I'd give them to you for nowt you'd have nothing to lose ;)

Liking your bike ideas though.

I can dig out a set of those early all metal Suntour thumbies if you'd like aswell, I have a couple of pairs somewhere, early 80's I think. ;)

You tell me now!!!! :facepalm: I'll take a set yes please, but I've just agreed to buy those shimano ones from glasgow. :) I 'spose that means I can choose between them.

TK I have bits of Suntour stuff, thats it. I thought i'd told you I had Suntour thumbies but you seemed more excited about Shimano ones :roll:

As I say remind me in mid September when I return from my hols and I'll get the stuff to you ;)

TK if you do decide to pass on the Shimano ones I'll take em off your hands :D

I'll buy them just now Kaiser but you get first refusal at cost if I go the Suntour route. :) Hawmaw is picking them up for me.

Velo, your a star as always, I can pick them up after your hols as I reckon I'll be down at ikea soonish. Anything you are after?

Back