Kona Explosif 853 - 1999 - Finished bike!

jujupunk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just took delivery of a Kona Explosif 853, well chuffed.. been looking for some 853 steel for some time now. Looking forward to swapping parts over from my Saracen. Just need a new seatpost (Just sold a racelight 27.0 :facepalm: ) and clamp and I'm ready to rock...

I need some decent scales, not sure what it weighs but feels light for steel

yBiDfl.jpg

bgCpMl.jpg

fWNUvl.jpg

I used to work in a Kona dealers BITD and we once built one of theses frames for a customer with lime/acid green Z2 bombers and full XTR. It was much lighter than I expected and was absolutely gorgeous.

After some shopping via here and evilbay I have collected a few choice parts.
I've been wanting some Magura rim brakes and got a bargain on here (thanks orangeone), some light SID XC forks and a carbon Monkey light bar.

Now I have to strip my Saracen for the complete LX groupset and I'm awaiting the delivery of a nice Thompson stem.

Really looking forward to this build and can't wait to get riding on it, it should be significantly lighter than my Saracen Tufftrax.

m5HwBl.jpg

All this talk o steel really makes me interested. Can't see how I'd justify yet another. Looking forward to feeling jealous of yet another 'old' bike :)

Back