Bowers & Wilkins

legrandefromage":211drqmx said:
Nothing beats a good amp and f**k off great big speakers.

Damn right.

Also, seanstephens likes ghetto blasters and he is from the ghetto too.

A good amp and f**k off great big speakers have no place, when the mrs has Charlotte Church <Crazy Chick> at semi loud, thats for sure ... :LOL:

ti-fat-man":19esmkb3 said:
A good amp and f**k off great big speakers have no place, when the mrs has Charlotte Church <Crazy Chick> at semi loud, thats for sure ... :LOL:

Just ban her from the speakers.

the great roberto":73c27trv said:
ti-fat-man":73c27trv said:
nice rig, is it NOS...

errrrr More BOS. Bag of S**t

Actually I think I had one of these in 1983 from comet. Took it back and started on my HiFi seperates road to continual upgrading............

My dad bought an Amstrad amp in 1973, a bastard pile of shite. To serve him right it kept killing transistors and loosing a channel.

Yeah can't speak from personal experience about the zeppelin although it's always been well received especially the latest version,after a couple of years of messing about with portable speakers etc i,ve taken delivery of a 'Monster/Dr Dre 'beatbox' today - i'd read some fairly favourable reviews of it and have to say the build quality and sound is very impressive,ultimately i like to listen to a bit of everything tho' at the moment a lot of bass driven dance etc so it seems to perform quite well,it's not as attractive as the zeppelin but i believe it's a couple of hundred quid cheaper.

I can't beleive I hear this story so many times - "wife is making me get rid of it". I don't really understand why!

When my wife and I discussed getting a hi-fi for our lounge a few years back I said to her that seperates sound better, last longer and can be easier to fix (and worth fixing). To prove the sound thing we went to listen to different systems with our favourite CD's. We ended up with a nice Technics/Denon system.

In recent weeks I have bought a new TV (first new one ever) and I said to her we'd ideally need a cinema amp as it would be remote control (Denon wasn't), have all the HDMI switching stuff and would bring out the great sound in the HD stuff we were watching.

I got an Onkyo cinema amp and she listened to one of her favourite CD's and proudly said - "it doesn't sound as good as the Denon, does it?". Which I was both amazed at and very proud at the same time!

I've said to her I don't like sub/sat systems so we won't be getting one of those to improve the sound but I can get some more speakers. She likes the current wood finish Gale ones we have so hopefully some real wood veneer Castle speakers are on the way. :)

In turn I've taken an interest in clothes and stuff and listened when she talked about them, learnt what cuts fit her well and what sizes she is for everything - so when we go clothes shopping she actually listens to me when she asks why she looks like and I can say "it doesnt look good on you" and she doesn't get upset.

Moral of the story - a bit of give and take and I have an awesome stereo with proper speakers!!

It does seem odd that after decades of technology to create more memory power than the first moonlanding in the size of an ipod...we then create docking stations bigger than the old beat boxes of the 80's

Back