MacRetro Trading Post

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Ken":235zmud0 said:
RobMac":235zmud0 said:

Did anyone buy one of these? if so what is the quality like/are they ok?

I bought one of these a wee whiley back, there's a couple of pics of it in Skye here somewhere...

Quality-wise, the spindle failed at the weld on it's first trip out :( I got in touch with the seller (German-based) and emailed him a pic, and a replacement was with me within the week :D It's been fine so far, been round Skye with a decent load, and a few local trips. There was a couple of miles of fire-road type off-roading involved on Skye too, so all good.

It 'snakes' a little going downhill at speed, but the g/f's B.o.B. does exactly the same, so I'm guessing that's just a general trailer issue. I has a good bit better ground clearance than her trailer too :)

The bag with it seem decent, we had some horrendous rain on our last day on Skye, and everything stayed dry, including the stuff not in Drybags...

I'm very pleased with it, and the service from the seller was good. They never even hit me with the postage charge for the Highlands :p

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sounds good enough for me then, I'm guessing it is a couple of Kg heavier than the bob but for occasional day trip use it should be good.

I was looking for something for the klunker and came across it, not seen one since the 80's I need someting around 10 years older

Back