1993 AMP Research B2

sunchaser":f87bv6wi said:
That a dream trail for me, who's local trails a windswept & slick with mud :roll:

You know, there's plenty of excuses to visit Las Vegas. One that goes hugely overlooked is that whatever it is you do professionally there's a convention for it here. So, you justify the trip in the name of business, professional advancement, etc. and once you're here rent your favorite Santa Cruz full susser and hit the trails. ;)

Re: Amp Pivots

Wold Ranger":34srezw1 said:
Are there any lower BB pivot bearings? it looks to just bolt straight into the pivot?

main.php

sunchaser":2zvdw9z1 said:
& andrewl that Turner looks wicked! you got any pics of it built-up?

I picked up that frame for the mother in law and its being built up slowly.

bearings

Thought not, looks a little fragile, been offered a few of these, in various guises but always felt the lower pivot looked on the small and under engineeered to stand much hammer,(No 4 foot plus drop offs then?) hence the Turner licensed improved version with oversize replaceable bearings.

Mr. Zero":vjc1fttm said:
..whatever it is you do professionally there's a convention for it here. So, you justify the trip in the name of business, professional advancement, etc. and once you're here rent your favorite Santa Cruz full susser and hit the trails. ;)

I bet Microsoft have one at the end of August ;)

And as for the Favourite SC, that's all the encouragement I need..

Great photos Mr Z :cool:

Wold Ranger":nse1fqyo said:
Thought not, looks a little fragile, been offered a few of these, in various guises but always felt the lower pivot looked on the small and under engineeered to stand much hammer,(No 4 foot plus drop offs then?) hence the Turner licensed improved version with oversize replaceable bearings.

The AMP is a pure XC machine and as such is engineered appropriately (read light and intended for fast, small-hit riding). If you're looking to negotiate 4ft.+ drops then you probably ought not be considering this bike to begin with. It's kinda the whole "don't bring a knife to a gunfight" thing...

kingroon":nse1fqyo said:
I bet Microsoft have one at the end of August ;)

And as for the Favourite SC, that's all the encouragement I need..

Considering the exchange rate it might be worth it to take one home when you're done, especially if you're a gambling man. ;)

Back