Anyone ever lowered their car?.....

legrandefromage":3404omtt said:
lewis1641 is your man

or try Al, but I'm told that he smells.

He's right... I mostly smell of boiled cabbage, Parma violets and the merest hint of TCP.

As for lowering cars... that's what young people do to Impress their mates. Buy a sheepskin coat and a packet of Cigars and enjoy your Jag as nature Intended.

al. :D

i think i have lowered every car i have ever owned, and not always to their benefit!

i wouldnt recomend just replacing the springs but then i would also go lower than 30mm! you may find that slightly worn dampers will wear a lot faster when lowered.

but as for fitting springs, its just a case of removing the strut, spring off, spring off and refitting the strut.

if i can do it, anyone can

al":u69cfdtl said:
Buy a sheepskin coat and a packet of Cigars and enjoy your Jag as nature Intended.
Class!

Now I've got a Dennis Waterman theme tune rattling around my noggin... you swine!

Neil":20ixg7mr said:
al":20ixg7mr said:
Buy a sheepskin coat and a packet of Cigars and enjoy your Jag as nature Intended.
Class!

Now I've got a Dennis Waterman theme tune rattling around my noggin... you swine!

Better that than a Pete Waterman theme tune.

So think on.

al. :D

Ha!......im surprised it took until page 2 for arthur to get a mention!..... :LOL: ......here it is.......3 litres of utter bargain!....
IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

.....thats why i bought it matt......its got to the point where even the local doggers thought i was a sex pest!.....

Don't forget to tint the windows dark black...then wind the windows down so people can see it's you :LOL:

I appreciate a lot of people go the cable tie route but it is just stupid really, the amount of energy in that spring while compressed is huge and when you can get compressors for a tenner it's madness to risk it.

You'll have trouble undoing the front strut top nut as the damper shaft will rotate. Some cars have a method of holding the shaft but this usually requires a special tool / cut open socket. Personally I use an cordless impact gun to remove them but that's another expense.

The rear springs will be hard/fiddly to remove but easy to replace because the new spring will be shorter.

Its the sort of thing that takes a day the first time, half a day the second and then just a hour n half! if this is the first time maybe get a garage to do it, should be like £100 max.

i have some spring compressors if you need them its a reasonably straightforward job. bring it round and i/we can do it on my drive

Back