1977 Batavus Professional ( Shimano Dura Ace Black )

Personally I do think it is good value. Imo in general Batavus Professionals (handbuild in Holland originals) are from pricing perspective very attractive offerings. What interests me VERY much with this bike is its history. We see the earliest style Batavus Professional graphics, but anyone who knows a thing or two of Dutch bicycles sees this is or is an accurate copy of a Gazelle A-frame. From the other batch of pics I learnt there isn't a serial that follows the Gazelle system. Makes me wonder: Locomotief's Bertus Slesker contributed substantially to the development of the Champion Mondial line of bicycles. I do have a Presto that looks like a slightly more luxerious and more refined A-frame. Built by Slesker. Did Slesker also offer his knowledge and skills to Batavus? Is this a superrare prototype?

Midlife":2uy3w6sq said:
This started at £1000 and has now dropped to £850..Shimano First gen kit :)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Shaun

I think my Black group-set is nicer and in better nick than that one... :)

Does sound a complete shame to break the bike for parts, going to grab some new rubber on it and use it for a while and see what somebody will offer me with the advert still up.

Elev12k ...Wow dude you do know your stuff, you can tell a lot from a few photos..

Back