Fife and Tayside rides thread

fancy taking us up there again on sunday or u wanna explore pitmedden some more and tryu different trails ?

keithyr":3lq3gb39 said:
whats the plan for sunday then lads ?

lochore/benarty was shite.

lung bursting climb which was ok
hike a bike up to top o benarty was pish
run along top ruined by trees
run down overgrown and was ok but only 10mins
run round loch was boring

so in summary dina bother wi that again.

Did you do the climb up the zigzag track behind rifle range that starts on the back road to Ballingry?
I've been up there a few times by going that way. Had to carry/push/swear at bike to get it to top after zigzags.
The run along top was OK, there were 2 bits of single track side by side most of way along to top of Vane hill. Don't remember trees, though it's a few years ago since I've done it. Descended down the path from top of hill to Vane Farm visitors centre, this was after the visitor's centre was shut in evening.
Have done it in the dark, with piss poor lights, my only experience of MTBing in the dark.

braw c u the morra 9.30 lookin forward to it.

OCP - the path i took is the steps opposite where you come out from the wee hill between loch ore and benarty. basically push up all the way.

note sure where the other route up is - how do ye get to it from loch ?

keithyr":3dpaqe4j said:
braw c u the morra 9.30 lookin forward to it.

OCP - the path i took is the steps opposite where you come out from the wee hill between loch ore and benarty. basically push up all the way.

note sure where the other route up is - how do ye get to it from loch ?

My wife went for a run this afternoon the same way you did, from Lochore over Harran Hill woods then up the steps then going left through woods onto Benarty.

To find the other track, go left onto road as you come out of track from Lochore then just over a mile along road you should see the dirt road on right. It might have a metal barrier, jeez can't remember, but no problem if there is. This dirt road passes up behind the end of rifle range so you'll have to check to see if red flag is flying on hillside directly behind and above range. They were shooting today but they're not often there.
This track ends up on the edge of open hillside. It's about half a mile to first turn behind/above range.
There is another track that goes up to the telecoms mast that is on hillside. This starts just over half a mile from end of track from Lochore. From memory it starts from a field gate in the bottom right corner of the field, then heads up to the mast then open hillside to same place as top of zigzag behind range.
I've ridden up this one then part way down zigzag turning off right to head down through woods, then tracks through fields to main road then back tae ma hoose the other side of main road fae Benarty hill.

This site is good for finding tracks, shows up the track to mast well.

http://www.flashearth.com/

Cannae mind if you have to download it or register to zoom aboot.

anybody up for an early morning rumble round the Baliradam jungle.

hoping to take my shiny new RTS for a shakedown run :D

Flying off on hols in the afternoon so needs to be an early one for me.

anybody up for a8.45-9am start for a coupla hours ?

Back