Votes: 0 0.0%
  • uno-speedo

• videojetman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is why....

It had taken 26 years. But a spark ignited by reading Bicycles up Kilimanjaro as a kid, had become a dream of finding and owning my own Saracen and taking it for a ride.

Taken at last year’s Retrobike Repack anniversary ride, this was both my first ride on the bike after its renovation and my first outing with Retrobike. To me, this picture has perfectly captured the dream that I’d been holding in my head for all those years.

And that is why I am here.

How to gain votes...

Unclejack":31r9a6wx said:
This is why....

It had taken 26 years. But a spark ignited by reading Bicycles up Kilimanjaro as a kid, had become a dream of finding and owning my own Saracen and taking it for a ride.

Taken at last year’s Retrobike Repack anniversary ride, this was both my first ride on the bike after its renovation and my first outing with Retrobike. To me, this picture has perfectly captured the dream that I’d been holding in my head for all those years.

And that is why I am here.

And how to lose them...

FluffyChicken":31r9a6wx said:
Could you put the given why's to the photos as well as just the names.
Gives the picture its meaning why...

otherwise it's just a picture of Mr Lees arse.

:LOL:

Treacle for me, no question at all, just being out there in the beauty with your bike, the two in happy harmony :cool:

I think its a matter of imagination, creativity and originality, I have some beautiful shots of my bike by the sea, countryside etc, but I chose another path, as the theme offered more than the "usual", but yeah lacking the subject with the photo it makes no sense to most... this and some of the posts leading others to "what they think it should be the theme essence".
:!:

In light of the fact it is likely that I will receive 'nil points', I feel I should at least attempt to proffer some explanation as to the logic behind my entry...

Why?
For the adventure of reaching your limits.
For the thrill of pushing further.
For the achievement of breaking your boundaries....
For the Love... of "THE SCAB" ;)

Seriously... we all loved knee scabs as kids, and we all still harbour that child... otherwise we wouldn't be still drooling over the bikes we drooled over as boys
I love knee scabs, and that one was a doozy! :cool:

G

Really difficult to decide with this theme, and I certainly take Fluffy's point...
I'd love to be Senri with that lightly used, dusty singletrack leading down into the valley, but I'm going with Mr Panda for the adventure, freedom, comradeship, grandeur and sense of achievement that his picture expresses... many of the reasons 'why' for me.

MrPanda for me, thats mountain biking :D

my pic theme for your entertainment is "My kidney hurts" :D

Senri's pic sums it up for me - I wish was out riding there now and at the end of the ride I could join Easy_Rider for a pint :D

Dream over - back to work :evil:

Unklejack for me. Taking the mint sauce approach, it simply sums up that dreamy world of experience, the feeling of having achieved what you hadn't thought possible. The feeling of the vastness that surrounds you, and that watches you as you play with and are teased by the terrain. That feeling of being alone but being hugged by a warm summers evening. That photo to me suggests the setting of a dream and the return down to reality. That is why.

( can I have a high resolution copy for
My desktop please :p)

Back