1981 SBDU Raleigh team Ti 753

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
Lovely light bike, very little use in it's lifetime ;)

Some nice parts on here, very rare '75-'80 first gen super record seatpost with two bolt fixing and flutes. Super light 28h mavic or10's laced the lightest way possible with alloy nipples.

bits489.jpg

bits490.jpg

bits491.jpg

Nos Mavic OR10's
bits492.jpg

Nos Clement tubs
bits493.jpg

bits494.jpg

Nos regina superleggera chain
bits496.jpg

bits497.jpg

bits499.jpg

19lbs dead :D

WOW! That's smart.

Have you just restored it, or is it NOS?

The cats seem to be pretty impressed as well.

Another stunner! :D thanks for sharing, love to see photos of historical/interesting/beautiful...bikes from back in the day. Look forward to seeing more from your amazing collection, i hope you are going to work your way thru the list? :D

Very nice!! Them's time trial wheels for sure. I never knew they made SR seatpins that long - or is it way past the limit line?

Mark.

Just lovely. Lots of great Raleighs popping up. You must be very happy having that one - Looks great.

daccordimark":2rsuef5g said:
Very nice!! Them's time trial wheels for sure. I never knew they made SR seatpins that long - or is it way past the limit line?

Mark.

Thanks all.

Mark, the post is definitely not past the limit, with wafer thin 753 I wouldn't want to risk any failure in the joints from running it too far out. I tend to buy bikes a tiny bit small and run the posts highish, that's just how I like my bikes to look ;)
The wheels were certainly built with a TT style in mind, well spotted. If I find the patience I may even tie and solder the rear drive side.
Shawn.

Pointer":3lsq0vpn said:
Lovely. Those OR10's are in great shape...mine aren't so good. hangs head in shame :)

ebay.fr ! about £60 posted but mint apart from the slight peeling on the labels. Seriously light rims too ;)

Back