NOS 1985 SBDU Raleigh team pro super chrome.

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
Had this beaut for a while only just got round to taking some pics. Full Super record Ti kit. Built with the lightest spec around in the mid '80's

bits502.jpg

bits501.jpg

bits507.jpg

Reynolds 531pro tubing.
bits511.jpg

Radial spoking on front and non drive rear, 2x on rear drive, alloy nipples. Built this way for the shortest possible spoke length and in turn lightest weight.
bits510.jpg

bits509.jpg

bits503.jpg

bits504.jpg

bits508.jpg

Nos Clement criterium seta extra tubs, 220grms ea.
bits506.jpg

Nos campagnolo full alloy freewheel. $280 new in 1985!!! never taken out of its pod until now. 145 grms, that's light!
bits262.jpg

bits263.jpg

A decent nos regina oro for weight comparison, 200grms more :shock:
bits318.jpg

Finally a nos Ti axled second generation (the ones that don't snap!) SR BB
bits229.jpg

At 18.4lbs I'm happy

That is simply devine! Beautiful bike, would love that in my shed, in fact it would be in the living room! It'd save me so much money on a tv license and sky subscription. I'd look at it for hours at a time :D

shawnb":15qkaukd said:
On the flip side does your missus know you are borrowing her kitchen scales to weigh potentially oily bicycle parts?

i know mine would go spare if i did that.

The wife has caught me using it and did go spare! I am told I have to put a piece of kitchen roll on it first :LOL:

The frame was dismantled when new in '85 and stored in a German guys warehouse and then forgot about. It was only found at the beginning of this year still sticky with wax from careful storage :cool: It originally had SR record parts.
It does get used, gently of course when the sun decides to show and is absolutely brilliant to ride!

Re: NOS 1985 SBDU RALEIGH TEAM PRO SUPER CHROME

cloonaghpat":2a6p0mlk said:
That is some combination of frame and components. Great close up shots too :)

Thanks! must get the wife onto the weeding by the looks of it too :LOL:

Blimey........ wow

I left cycling in 1978 and the Raleigh reps were talking about the kit that was coming out in the next 10 years and there it is :)

What made me smile was the small rubber "nipple" that is attached to the front brake caliper arm to stop it scratching the frame.

Class :D :D

Shaun

Back