Koga Miyata Gents Racer Alloy Beauty - 58cm *SOLD*

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
P1160670.jpg

P1160619.jpg

Size is 58cm x 57cm (ct x cc)

Oh what a stunner I have here for you! It's an Alloy Koga Miyata GentsRacer built much in the vain of an Alan.

The frame has a beautiful wishbone seat stay which I absolutely love and the paint leaves the rear triangle and lower part of the forks bare giving a very traditional look. It really is a stunner, even more so in real life than my dodgy pictures.

There are a few blemishes to the paintwork here and there but nothing too bad to mention.

The groupset is Shimano 600 Ultegra 8 speed STI, with the exception of a 105sc front mech. Rims are very distinctive polished Rigida DP18 giving extra 'Wow!' factor (imo anyway).

Unfortunately due to an imminent move I do not have time to give it a full service and clean to my usual high standard however it is clean by most peoples standards and everything works as it should. You can confidently get on this bike and take the ride of your life....

I'm just asking for £350 + £15 postage for this or of course collection from Kent ME12 is very welcome.

Lot's more pictures here, not great quality though I'm afraid: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... ?start=all

Better, outside pictures here: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... ?start=all

P1160675.jpg

Frame: Koga Miyata GentsRacer Alloy

Fork: Koga Miyata Alloy

Headset: Primax
Stem: Cinelli XA - 10cm
Handlebar: Cinelli Ergo 42cm
Bar Tape: New white

Brifters: Shimano 600 Ultegra 8 speed
Brake Calipers: Shimano 600 Ultegra (Dual pivot)

Front Derailleur: Shimano 105sc
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 600 Ultegra
Cassette: 8 speed 12 - 19

Cranks: Shimano 600 Ultegra 170mm
Chainrings: 42 inner, 52 outer
Bottom Bracket: Shimano 600 Ultegra
Pedals: Not included

Rims: Rigida DP18
Hubs: Shimano 600 Ultegra
Tyres: Specialized Armadillo

Saddle: Rolls
Seatpost: Selcof Aero (?)

P1160687.jpg

Thanks fella.

I really need to take some better pictures to try to do this justice, it's actually anodised red and very vibrant as well as being fast and responsive. Oh and a great price of course.

Would happily keep this if it was a tad smaller.

Yes, very nice. I think this was a circa 4000 guilders bike back in the day. Beautifull frame. Last year for Japanese Miyata frames.

Ain't it lovely :)

I think those pictures are even worse than the original...

They clearly must be crap cos this bike should have sold in an instant. I'll have to see if I can find somewhere outside to take some decent pictures.

Will try to get better pictures tomorrow.

I'm amazed I still have this, think I'll have to eBay it!

I could take them for you? You fly me in and we do some bike riding.

Your bike is of the same year as my Explosion. The translucent paint for the tubing gives the frame a kind of 'anodised' effect.

6835995745_d2363b409c_b.jpg

In comparison with bonded frames of some other manufacturers they were positioned higher in market. Frame alone was about as much as full Cadex or Dyna-Tech with basic specs.

Nice feature with this bike is the combination of modernish tech like STI and dual pivots with classic elegance and comfort.

Back