Impressions of a KLEIN Attitude

sinnerman":3o6y7mgl said:
it is a thing of beauty, and makes a refreshing change.

I only thought it was repainted, because the waterbottle allen key heads have also been painted, its the usual tell.

Just an observation, but original Klein's typically have painted hardware. Both of my Rascals came with painted H2O bolts; one purchased by me new in 1992 and my recently acquired 1990. In a weird way the painted hardware adds a bit of authenticity. Most Klein owners back in the day replaced all those painted up bits with weird little colored anno parts or Ti.

Keep the painted hardware. It is sort of like having intentional overspray on a ground up car restoration. That is the way it originally came. :D

Very nice frame. :cool:

utahdog2003":epz6m4la said:
sinnerman":epz6m4la said:

I only thought it was repainted, because the waterbottle allen key heads have also been painted, its the usual tell.

Just an observation, but original Klein's typically have painted hardware. Both of my Rascals came with painted H2O bolts; one purchased by me new in 1992 and my recently acquired 1990. In a weird way the painted hardware adds a bit of authenticity. Most Klein owners back in the day replaced all those painted up bits with weird little colored anno parts or Ti.

Keep the painted hardware. It is sort of like having intentional overspray on a ground up car restoration. That is the way it originally came. :

Odd because when i was retailing them, both before and after the Trek buyout, they Never came with painted H20 bolts (perhaps its that transatlantic difference again), and imho it looks well shoddy to me, like a massive after thought.

But its of little importance, i like the white, and i like Klein too.

sinnerman":fm4l7f13 said:
utahdog2003":fm4l7f13 said:
sinnerman":fm4l7f13 said:

Keep the painted hardware. It is sort of like having intentional overspray on a ground up car restoration. That is the way it originally came. :

Odd because when i was retailing them, both before and after the Trek buyout, they Never came with painted H20 bolts (perhaps its that transatlantic difference again), and imho it looks well shoddy to me, like a massive after thought.

Weird. I certainly can't speak for all Kleins but in my experience the bolts are painted.

Come to think of it, my Dolomite Quantum had painted bolts too. You are right though, in the long run it isn't a big deal. I like the white a bunch. :cool:

utahdog2003":wky1wmz2 said:
Weird. I certainly can't speak for all Kleins but in my experience the bolts are painted.

Come to think of it, my Dolomite Quantum had painted bolts too. You are right though, in the long run it isn't a big deal. I like the white a bunch. :cool:

Switch from painted to non-painted bolts came at the same time as the switch from MC1 to MC2, nothing to do with Trek.

utahdog2003":35niicw2 said:
sinnerman":35niicw2 said:
utahdog2003":35niicw2 said:
sinnerman":35niicw2 said:

It certainly wouldnt be the first time, subtle things like this Occur, i have now seen it with Bontrager too, Mainly thanks to Hollister and his imput.

Im still at a loss as to how i would build/spec it, but we are now five pages into the thread, im sure Nader has a Plan and sum excellent pics lined up.

mkozaczek":224sabog said:
utahdog2003":224sabog said:

Switch from painted to non-painted bolts came at the same time as the switch from MC1 to MC2, nothing to do with Trek.

There you go then. My Klein experiences all predate MC2.

hi!!!
sure that in the 1993 with mc1 the hardware was painted.
in 1995, (with the mc2) the hardware were not colored;
but in 1994 (there was already mc2) I don't remember the hardware!

il_ricercatore_74":2hlmt0dm said:
hi!!!
sure that in the 1993 with mc1 the hardware was painted.
in 1995, (with the mc2) the hardware were not colored;
but in 1994 (there was already mc2) I don't remember the hardware!

I have several 94 Kleins and none had painted bolts.

Here's another facotry MC1 in white (although painted during MC2 era, but still)

DSC_0930-vi.jpg

Back