Commuter / City Bike Wanted

shakedown

Devout Dirtbag
So my new commute will involve heavy traffic , short cut across parkland on a kind of scrabbly path , then heavy traffic again . I'm not entirely sure what I need but can't do it on my road bike. I need dual lever brakes so I can sit up and stop , possibly mud guards , maybe a touring bike ? Anyone got anything out there ready to go ? Budget around 200 GBP ..maybe I should be on the MTB page ?

Nah you need a hybrid. Road bike or touring bike with straight bars. As a matter of fact I have a Dawes Easy Street frame in the classifieds which would do just the trick.

Tel":37p7mq8u said:
Nah you need a hybrid. Road bike or touring bike with straight bars. As a matter of fact I have a Dawes Easy Street frame in the classifieds which would do just the trick.

don't think I know that one : not a mixte is it ? I think I want one of those Charge bikes and yes straight bars could be the way ahead :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi guys,

still looking so open to any suggestions, definitely a fixed frame, straight handlebars or maybe dual lever brakes, will be in a rack all day so shouldn't draw too much attention and definitely doesn't need to be pristine . Rider is 6ft ...

Back