Whooooop! Finally sourced a tiny 98 Kona Explosif :D

Good work and respect to your patience touching it all up by hand, looking great :cool:

excuse my ignorance but is there a trick reason why are you running a rear derailleur with a single speed cog :?:

edit: ignore my question, I've just seen your comment about having a 9 speed cassette to be added laterwards, DOH! :LOL:

Cheers!

dongward":1r7w9n4h said:
What kind of riding are you using this for? My only reservation are the indy's - I'd opt for a more up market sus or a p2 personally...

At the moment it's being used mainly on the road and cycle paths on days when I haven't the energy to drag my Blood around the trails :LOL: - the semi-slick on the back makes it pretty damn fast. I had planned on upgrading the bars and forks with a view to entering a few XC races (it's been a long time) but sadly a search of up and coming race entries shows competition in the Ladies' Grand Vets to be pretty much non-existent :( so reckon I'll save my cash.

1210tech - I'll probably hold off on the cassette too for now - it's a pretty nippy commuter as it stands and I'm quite enjoying having a singlespeed again even with the quirky rear mech and full compliment of shifters ;)

Damn, why does this always happen. My visa card wrestled its way out of my purse and now I have another project winging its way to me so I have to sell to free up some cash :? . Somebody slap me :LOL:

You can see the full spec in my ad here.

Cheers! :)

I'm afraid I got suckered in by the 'lose yourself in that blue' of this . . . a little sister for my Blood . . .

9647_orange_miii_frame_S_1.jpg

:oops:

Move along now - nothing to see here :roll: . New frame arrived looking absolutely awesome but sadly waaay too long for me and let's be honest those rear stays aren't going to give anything like the ride of the Explosif so it's staying. Just point me back to this thread if I should ever consider getting rid again ;)

:oops: I wish And, but when I say 'keeper' it usually means until the next shiney thing sucks me in :oops:

The lovely Explosif went to another forum member at the end of 2012 - there have been several other builds since, but I have to say none quite so nice.

Re:

Ooooh my bad Lynne - didn't spot the date - D'oh.

Now I've given you bike-guilt :(

Hope you're good and some nice shiny stuff in the closet( :facepalm: )

Back