Forum suggestions - splitting the road classifieds

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Got a couple of suggestions for the forum:

1. Could there be a sub forum developed for suggestions?

2. Could classifieds be split into full bike, parts and wanted (as per the CTC forum)?

3. Could we develop a directory of members who are available to work on/ supply bikes? Obviously I have myself in mind here but I know there are others on here who trade in a similar vain. I would have no problem making a monetary contribution for the privilege of being on the list or perhaps it could be restricted to members with over 'X' amount of posts.

Just ideas.

Re: Forum suggestions

Tel":3nmhf1io said:
Got a couple of suggestions for the forum:

2. Could classifieds be split into full bike, parts and wanted (as per the CTC forum)?

Just ideas.
I find looking through the forsale section very frightening and does need to be sorted out. :?

About time someone has made a comment about this ;)

I'd like to see all old/sold posts deleted within several weeks too.

Think its nice to keep the sold items up for future reference. Perhaps they could be marked as *SOLD* when it's all gone or moved to another area of the forum.

*willing to help with moderation if there seems to be a lot of work building up....

It would make life easier to have sub-categories for the classifieds and move, but not delete, sold items out of the current ads.

Having "bikes", "components", "clothing & accessories" and "sold" sub-forums would do the job.

It might be a chore to look through but I think the for sale is working......of sorts.

By comparison, I use Scoobynet (400 BHP Impreza) and a couple of years ago they split up the for sale section into about 9 categories. This is good when you want something specific but a nightmare if you wanted to "browse"...which I guess is how most stuff is sold on here :)

A bit more "moderating" to tidy it up would be of help.

All IMHO

Shaun

Somewhere on the road forum there's a list of frame builders which are still trading. Can it be made a sticky? :)

There should be an 'Archive'

One forum which I moderate we move old posts into there correct places eg' 2008 - 2009 - 2010 and so on Archives, this neatens up the forum.

Back