New here, just picked this up at a car boot.

zenkizero

Retro Newbie
photo.jpg

I own a fixed gear bike also but wanted something to take to uni with me that will get me around London.

I don't know much about bikes/frames but its some sort of woodrup frame(i think) and the guy i bought it off said it had been refurbished at bob jackson.

yeahh the handlebars say raleigh on. Ive dropped it off to be serviced and cleaned up. New seat and tyres to go on too. Should look decent afterwards. :)

Think I'd have to remove/ replace the mudguards too.

Be sure to post updated pictures when you get it back.

If you're using this for Uni / around town you might want to think about keeping or replacing those mudguards. I cycled to college every day in Devon in the early '90s and if there's one thing I was grateful for it was mudguards keeping the rain and dirt from the road away from me... In my opinion they suit this bike anyway.

Keep that saddle too, my Turbomatic is the most comfortable saddle I've ever used and that one looks to be in good nick.

It's a nice frame which when you've moved on from Uni will build up into a top class machine with a decent groupset.

Mark.

The Huret rear mech' must have been the most awful cheap looking derailleur i've
ever seen on bikes, so you need that changing to something rather better quality.

Chainset has to go too !

Oh nearly forgot, its a good carboot find.

Ian Raleigh":1krf61lr said:
The Huret rear mech' must have been the most awful cheap looking derailleur i've
ever seen on bikes, so you need that changing to something rather better quality.

I often wonder how many derailleurs Sachs/Huret must have manufactured. It was the industry standard entry level derailleur for years. I agree they were cheap but they did their job, and in many cases are still doing their job :)

I've seen much more modern derailleurs by Shimano cave in under a lot less use.

woodrup.jpg

Back from being serviced with new cables, tyres and seat fitted.

Still trying to work how these gears work as im new to cycling really.

Back