Orange Patriot 2002 Rear Shock

PAPAWINDY

Retro Newbie
Hey i have an Orange Patriot 2002 model and i need a new rear shock. I'm just not sure what size it needs to be or what the best model is to get for under £200. I currently have the original rear shock still on it which is a Rock Shox Deluxe.

Please help!

You can see the bike in the photo.

Attachments

• patriot in crieff.jpg
    patriot in crieff.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 1,425
judging by the set up you have, sort of xc as opposed to dh i'd suggest looking for a fox rp23 second hand, i got one for £90 off here a while ago, they retail at over £300, so with £200 you could maybe find one and get it serviced. the most important thing is the eye to eye length and the width of the bushes which i think on that model is 22mm front and back.

maybe this one? as i think the eye to eye on yours maybe 190mm, but you'd need to check

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fox-Rp23-Floa ... 500wt_1058

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks my bike is in the shop just now getting a service, So i'll need to call them and get the sizes. I just wanted to buy one so i can have it to them in the next couple of days and get out riding again

Looks like hardware is collective but is normally the term used for reducers -
shock_mounting_hardware.jpg

I've got a Fox RP23 Shock 190 i2i and 50mm stroke shock that i no longer need, good condition only done a few laps around the Verderers.

Mojo Suspension have the bushes you need 22m8(but you better check your bike just in case)

Good luck :)

Attachments

• IMAG0534 (602x800).jpg
    IMAG0534 (602x800).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,367
Just googled it 12mm and 12.7mm are the two common sizes so considering i used a 20 year old tape measure i can safely say it's a 12.7mm.

Panick over :LOL:

Back