Might need some help with this Sun

OrangeJase

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this earlier as a bit of an impulse buy,first road build and have no idea as to equipment and such or how hard original parts would be to source.Iam going to strip the frame and have it redone the same colour but other than that please feel free to make any comments (good or bad) and any and all info or help,suggestions etc would be greatly received thanks
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320967636328? ... 26_rdc%3D1

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Did you ask any wink, winky, wink questions? :?

It'll probably build up into an okay bike for knocking about on but probably is not really worth your time and investment.

Knock it together as cheaply as possible and enjoy it for what he is.

Note: that when a seller says it's "solid" he means it's heavy.

Yeah when I saw the size I thought it would do for the wife and would give me a bit of building experience on the cheap before I spend a chunk of money and find out that Im crap at it :D

Probably ideal for your wife.

It is a low value bike though I'd spend as little as possible.

Not sure what your plans are but I'd go for a single speed, coaster brake rear wheel, regular brake on the front, probably riders, some big fat white or cream tyres. Something like that anyway.

Have fun with it but do not invest too much money.

You must be psychic Tel,I was just this very minute looking at single speed,just for the trying really.Do you reckon a cheap set of 700c wheels and a conversion kit might be in order/easier?

Have you got any wheels to try on it? I'm thinking it's likely to be 27" but it could well be 700c.

You can get them easy'ish but choices are limited, especially regarding tyres. I don't know if there is a way to measure to determine what size wheels you need.

I guess if you measure from the dropout to the brake bridge we should be able to work it out.

Back