HELP! any info on this ATALA frame please?

luckyskull76

Retro Guru
Hello all,
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. ......
I picked up this frame for £35 + a box of campag bits. It was badly painted black, cleaned it off to reveal a nice greeny blue colour. I would really like some help finding out what model this frame is/age/more about the builders. I have googled, but to no real avail..... Besides the very limited Wikipedia info. ATALA pantographed into fork, Campag dropouts, Italian BB, 27.0 seat-post, fast back seat stay, SL on BB shell and without a chain stay!?
DSC00012-3.jpg

DSC00017-1.jpg

DSC00013-4.jpg

DSC00021-3.jpg

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Atala were italian suppliers of cycling kit in the 70's to the late 80's (I think).....we used to sell Atala Sport cycling shoes but not the frames.

America seemed the destination of exported Atala frames.....

Looks nice :)

Shaun

There was also Atala frames and yours seems to be made with columbus SL. I would expect that seatpost to be 27.2mm and not 27mm. I would guess that's from the 80's.

That's a great Italian frame you got there. Enjoy! :cool:

I wonder if that was made in the Bianchi era and would be in Bianchi catalogues......... think Bianchi got involved later though?

Shaun

Atala

I have just got a NOS Atala San Remo frameset from Italy..Made in Columbus Alle tubing - super multi colour paint job and Chrome !!

Anyone remember the 'convict' team jerseys of the 80's 90's ????

Atala

Looking at the frame, would think is late 80's early 90's as its got the rear brake cable inside the top tube which is very late 80's design..

Get a top paint job and it will look awesome..

Latest posts

Back